Velocity Reviews

-   -   Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t493000-please-start-vista-32-bit-and-vista-64-newsgroups.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?= 10-10-2006 10:53 PM

Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups

Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups and take some of this Vista
traffice out of the XP Pro x64 Group.

Thanks
--
Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order

Aaron Kelley 10-10-2006 11:26 PM

Re: Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups

I was under the impression that it's been decided that this is a "general"
64-bit issues newsgroup, not tied specifically to Windows XP x64.

- Aaron

Zapper 10-10-2006 11:35 PM

Re: Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups

I don't see the words XP anywhere in the name of this newsgroup. This is the
microsoft.public.windows.64bit.GENERAL, thus Vista/Longhorn is as viable as
XP/2003 in here...sorry...

jabloomf1230 10-11-2006 01:04 AM

Re: Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups

There are a bunch of Vista newsgroups. Unfortunately, this is the only
64 bit Windows newsgroup, so Vista stuff ends up here also.

Charlie Russel - MVP 10-11-2006 06:30 AM

Re: Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups

You are correct.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP 10-11-2006 06:31 AM

Re: Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups

Correct.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Colin Barnhorst 10-11-2006 03:55 PM

Re: Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups

Not only does it serve Vista x64 users but keep in mind that it has been
serving Server 2003 x64 and Itanium IA64 users for over a year. This never
has been an XP Pro x64 newsgroup.

This discussion with MS took place three months ago and we received a policy
statement to the effect that the this newsgroup is platform aganostic.