Velocity Reviews

-   -   Disable "Switch User" no longer works in RC2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t492985-disable-switch-user-no-longer-works-in-rc2.html)

Sam Crawford 10-08-2006 04:15 PM

Disable "Switch User" no longer works in RC2

In Vista, RC1 I was able to disable the "Switch User" option at the login
screen.

I used the "Group Policy Object Editor" and said to hide entry points for
Fast User Switching.

In RC2 this seems to have no effect on displaying or disabling the "Switch
User" option.

Any ideas?

Aaron Kelley 10-08-2006 04:18 PM

Re: Disable "Switch User" no longer works in RC2

That is supposed to hide the "Switch User" options...
I'll check it out later and file a bug report. (You should bug it as well
if you can.)

- Aaron

news:2sWdnTZiBqmqubTYnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d@giganews.com ...

Aaron Kelley 10-08-2006 04:23 PM

Re: Disable "Switch User" no longer works in RC2

I enabled the "Hide entry points for fast user switching" option in Vista
RC2 x64 and the "Switch Users" button disappeared, like it is supposed to.

Where are you seeing the switch users option?

- Aaron

Sam Crawford 10-08-2006 10:55 PM

On 8-Oct-2006, "Aaron Kelley" <a_kelley@baylor.edu> wrote:

> Where are you seeing the switch users option?

This if from an earlier post of mine that you responded to. I followed your
directions and it worked fine in RC1.

Yes, it's in Group Policy.
Start -> Run "gpedit.msc"
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon ->
Hide entry points for Fast User Switching = Enabled

It just no longer works in RC2, at least for me.

Locutus Borg 10-15-2006 12:02 AM

Re: Disable "Switch User" no longer works in RC2

Disable the service. It's there the same as it was in XP as fast user
switching.