Velocity Reviews

-   -   virus or adware question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t492607-virus-or-adware-question.html)

warpsix 08-14-2006 05:30 AM

virus or adware question

I use nod32 with my xp pro 64 bit
2 days in a row I recieved this
both times nod32 caught it and allowed it to be deleted
but shouldn't windows defender catch that?
"Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
8/14/2006 1:07:16 AM IMON file http://64.34.181.51/adrun/exp.wmf a
variant of Win32/Exploit.WMF trojan WARPSIX\home
8/14/2006 1:07:06 AM IMON archive http://64.34.181.51/adrun/arc.zip
multiple infiltrations Connection terminated WARPSIX\home"
i worry because my son is on "myspace" and gets lots of trash but the
warning came when the browser was parked on the drudgereport anybody else?
and do you know a different or better fix?
and i have all the updates as of writing this

Jud Hendrix 08-14-2006 06:56 AM

Re: virus or adware question

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 01:30:27 -0400, warpsix <warpsix@nomail.pls> wrote:

>I use nod32 with my xp pro 64 bit
>2 days in a row I recieved this
>both times nod32 caught it and allowed it to be deleted
>but shouldn't windows defender catch that?

It is usually best to have more lines of defense against malware.
Relying on a single program is not enough, because some companies
work quicker than others. Obviously you can only run one virus-scanner
at a time, but multiple spyware-scanners is not a bad idea.

jud