Velocity Reviews

-   -   Spy Sweeper no longer suport 64 bits! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t492402-spy-sweeper-no-longer-suport-64-bits.html)

Don Awalt 07-12-2006 10:48 PM

Spy Sweeper no longer suport 64 bits!

I got a notice of an update to version 5, free with my subscription
license. I downloaded it, and when it runs it immediately says "Spy
Sweeper is not compatible with 64 bit operating systems."

I wrote to them asking for a refund on my support license since they
renewed it with a working product.

Boy this stinks - first iTunes then this. You would think we would see
more support for 64 bit not less. I will never go back to Spy Sweeper...

Jeremy 07-13-2006 07:57 PM

Re: Spy Sweeper no longer suport 64 bits!

There are better tools and no cost.

Little Red 07-13-2006 09:41 PM

Re: Spy Sweeper no longer suport 64 bits!

such as.......?

Little Red 07-13-2006 09:51 PM

Re: Spy Sweeper no longer suport 64 bits!

"Don Awalt" <dawalt@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I got a notice of an update to version 5, free with my subscription
>license. I downloaded it, and when it runs it immediately says "Spy Sweeper
>is not compatible with 64 bit operating systems."
>
> I wrote to them asking for a refund on my support license since they
> renewed it with a working product.
>
> Boy this stinks - first iTunes then this. You would think we would see
> more support for 64 bit not less. I will never go back to Spy Sweeper...

I bought it,too, a few months ago and regretted it for the following
reasons:

1. Does not work with XP64

2. When it finds a so called "spyware" under XP32 - and you delete it
because you don't really know what is legit and what is not - you may be
deleting a legitimate file. To make a long story short, Spyware is very
"stupid" and can't really differentiate between real spyware and necessary
legit files, at least that was my impression so I quit using it, too. $30
bucks down the drain...

Mark Gillespie 07-19-2006 07:48 PM

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:41:24 +0100, Little Red <hobo@baja.net> wrote:

> such as.......?

www.microsoft.com/spyware

Windows Defender has a x64 version, and costs nothing to Genuine Advantage
customers.

Don Awalt 07-20-2006 10:15 AM

Mark Gillespie wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:41:24 +0100, Little Red <hobo@baja.net> wrote:
>
>> such as.......?
>>

> www.microsoft.com/spyware
>
> Windows Defender has a x64 version, and costs nothing to Genuine
> Advantage customers.

Yep - that's what we moved to! Spy Sweeper is history around here.

You'll enjoy the nice reply I got from their support team, which was the
last straw to move EVERYTHING off their product (even all x32 XP systems) --

Hello-

I'm a confused. It seems we have never supported 64 bit systems. That is
a possibility in the future, but is not something we have supported in
the past nor do we support it now.

Our money back guarantee is for 30-days past the day of purchase. Seeing
as you purchased your subscription last year I would be unable to refund
your subscription.

If you should need further assistance technical assistance please call
our free technical support at 1-866-612-4227 Option 2 between the hours
of 7am and 6pm Mountain Time Monday thru Friday. They can help you out
more directly.

Thank You.

The Webroot Team.