Velocity Reviews

-   -   Restore dates gone (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t492382-restore-dates-gone.html)

=?Utf-8?B?bGlscnVuYXdheTQ1?= 07-08-2006 11:52 PM

Restore dates gone

After I cleaned up my computer of uneccesary files and did a defrag my
computer is running terrible and I no longer have any restore points back to
before I made that mistake. Why can't I undo what I did or go back to the
prior month for a restore point?

DP 07-09-2006 01:59 AM

Re: Restore dates gone

Apparently you told whatever cleanup utility you're using to delete the
restore points.
The Disk Cleanup that comes with XP gives you that option.

Jupiter Jones [MVP] 07-09-2006 02:15 AM

Re: Restore dates gone

You can't go back because the restore points are gone.
It seems some of the unnecessary files need the System Restore data.
Generally at this point there is nothing you can do to restore the data
unless on the slight chance the tool you used has an option to undo whatever
it did.

Be careful of unnecessary files, some are necessary for something.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar