Velocity Reviews

-   -   AMD 3200+ not stepping (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t492225-amd-3200-not-stepping.html)

=?Utf-8?B?cyB0IGUgdyBkIG8gZw==?= 06-15-2006 12:23 PM

AMD 3200+ not stepping

Hello,
Hope you can help. I've installed beta 2 on an AMILO A1630 (sadistic, I know).
Everything looks fine except the performance when plugged into the mains
power.
I'd expect it to be throttling during 3d intensive use, with power settings
set to performance (plugged in) where juice is not an issue.
I can here the fans kicking into high gear but performance and real time
monitoring confirms it to stay at 798. Since this is minimum spec for Vista,
it would be nice to hover above 800mhz especially when my cpu is capable of
2ghz. I don't mind running a little hot, it does anyway.
Things I've done so far:
- installed latest Vista beta drivers from ATI (no change either with or
without so not the culprit)
- removed CPU driver, ACPI battery and controller drivers from device
manager, nada.
- tried installing cool and quiet from AMD, no joy, wrong OS. Same with 64
bit driver for XP.

In XP it was quickly on demand when I needed the power. I can't get it to
budge now. I'm not at home atm but I seem to remember seeing one of the
frequency steps was 'not defined'.
Any ideas are appreciated (except for upgrading the bios- Fujitsu-Siemens
abandoned us 2 years ago).
Thank you.

Rick 06-15-2006 12:29 PM

Re: AMD 3200+ not stepping

Just want to point this out, for persons with
Vista questions, please post
to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for
discussions relating to Windows
XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

Here is a list of available newsgroups for
Windows Vista:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Head on over to the following page at
Microsoft's website on how to configure
your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public
Newsgroups:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

=?Utf-8?B?cyB0IGUgdyBkIG8gZw==?= 06-15-2006 12:31 PM

RE: AMD 3200+ not stepping

sorry for repeat post, interface said it was not submitted but it lied.

=?Utf-8?B?cyB0IGUgdyBkIG8gZw==?= 06-15-2006 12:31 PM

RE: AMD 3200+ not stepping