Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t492209-error-installing-vista-x64-beta-2-german.html)

Arno 06-13-2006 09:08 AM

Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German

Tying to install ther germen vista beta2 on my AMD Turion 64... just after
klicking "install" i got the error "Unbknown Software error (0xe0000100)

What does this mean???

How can I install Vista?

I downlaoded the German x64 Beta, burned it and booted it from dvd...

HELP

Arno

Jud Hendrix 06-13-2006 09:18 AM

Re: Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:08:08 +0200, "Arno" <arno@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Tying to install ther germen vista beta2 on my AMD Turion 64

Please post your Vista-related questions in the Vista newsgroups.

jud

Arno 06-13-2006 10:12 AM

Re: Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German

Hey Jud,

Vista is Windows 32- or 64-bit and this is WINDOWS.64bit.GENERAL !!! no
Limitation to XP in the groupname, right???

http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

Jud Hendrix 06-13-2006 10:20 AM

Re: Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:12:19 +0200, "Arno" <arno@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Vista is Windows 32- or 64-bit and this is WINDOWS.64bit.GENERAL !!! no
>Limitation to XP in the groupname, right???

This group is not intended for Vista though, because Vista has it's own
groups. So, your question belongs to the Vista newsgorup/forum. The 64-bit
might make you think your question belongs here, but Vista 32 and Vista 64
are the same product, so even questions regarding 64-bit Vista, still
belong in the Vista newsgroup.

jud

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBELiBWYW5kZW5CZXJn?= 06-13-2006 11:18 AM

RE: Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German

Try verifying the download MD5 (search the forum, it has been discussed many,
many times already). Try re-burning the dvd at the lowest speed you can.
You did burn the .iso instead of simply make a data dvd, right?

Rick 06-13-2006 11:42 AM

Re: Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German

Andrea posted the MD5s for the English version,
but I don't recall seeing any MD5s for other
versions.

Arno 06-13-2006 11:44 AM

Re: Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German

right i burned the iso... with 2.4x speed (lowest i can) but i checked also
the checksum and got another as the one stated here

"Mark D. VandenBerg" <MarkDVandenBerg@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:FE6C4413-3417-43D6-BAD7-56E86F6AFC4C@microsoft.com...

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBELiBWYW5kZW5CZXJn?= 06-13-2006 12:19 PM

Re: Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German

Good point, Rick. Not enough coffee yet! I did some searching but couldn't
find it.

Colin Barnhorst 06-13-2006 09:05 PM

Re: Error installing Vista x64 Beta 2 German

The limitation is that the users who post here are generally not Vista
users. This ng got lumped into the list of newsgroups for Vista by MS in
error. Unlike the other newsgroups listed this one was already functioning
for support of 64-bit XP and Server 2003.