Velocity Reviews

-   -   MS Excel 2003 VBA in 64 bit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t492106-ms-excel-2003-vba-in-64-bit.html)

A. Blundon 06-02-2006 10:53 AM

MS Excel 2003 VBA in 64 bit

Good day folks,

I'm looking at purchasing a 64 bit machine (for use with an analysis
software we have) and I'm wondering about compatibility with 32 bit
software. I'm sure this has probably been asked a 1000 times but I'd
like some clarification.

1. Will MS Excel 2003 work in Win XP 64?
2. Will VBA for MS Excel 2003 work in Win XP 64?
3. Will Autocad work in Win XP 64?
4. Will MS Outlook 2003 work in Win XP 64?
5. Will McAfee Virus Scan work in Win XP 64?

I also have a couple of other programs I use regularly us, but I'll be
contacting the vendor directly to see if it is compatible.

Thanks,
AB

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-02-2006 01:56 PM

Re: MS Excel 2003 VBA in 64 bit

1. Will MS Excel 2003 work in Win XP 64?
Yes

2. Will VBA for MS Excel 2003 work in Win XP 64?
Yes

3. Will Autocad work in Win XP 64?
Depends on which version, make sure that the .NET Framework 2.0 is installed
if its version 2005 or 2006.

4. Will MS Outlook 2003 work in Win XP 64?
Yup, works just fine.

5. Will McAfee Virus Scan work in Win XP 64?
No, but the Enterprise version has been noted as working just fine.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:1149245602.942622.67220@f6g2000cwb.googlegrou ps.com...

Charlie Russel - MVP 06-02-2006 03:42 PM

Re: MS Excel 2003 VBA in 64 bit

You might find the whitepaper referenced in
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/arc.../11/94302.aspx to be of some
help. It covers many of the issues you clearly haven't thought about yet,
and can help you make your decision. I've also got an earlier post on
working A-V solutions for x64 that I update as necessary.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/arc.../05/85483.aspx

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64