Velocity Reviews

-   -   desktop (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t492103-desktop.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?= 06-02-2006 12:55 AM

desktop

The desktop icons/folders have colored boxes around writing that id's the
desktop folders. I would like to change this setting to write lettering with
no colored box. In display under effects, there are only colors to choose
from. No option for no color. I have a second person using this computer and
her icons/ folders are showing with no colored boxes. This setting screws up
my desktop pictures. Please help!
--
gary

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-02-2006 01:44 AM

Re: desktop

Open Control Panel (set to Classic View) > open "System" > Advanced > under
"Performance" click "Settings", under Visual Effects, make sure that "Use
drop shadows for icon lables on the desktop".
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

=?Utf-8?B?V2luTW9kaWZ5?= 06-08-2006 11:01 PM

Re: desktop

I want to get rid of the boxes around the icons on the desktop when they are
beiing hovered or selected.. how do i do that?

thanks in advance

=?Utf-8?B?V2luTW9kaWZ5?= 06-08-2006 11:01 PM

Re: desktop

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-09-2006 01:46 AM

Re: desktop

You can't, its feature of the AERO Theme. I tried disabling it from Control
Panel > System > Advanced (tab) > Performance Options > Visual Options >
uncheck "Show translucent selection rectangle". but it does not work.

Bugged it though.