Velocity Reviews

-   -   HP1115 Photosmart printer - Anyone using this in XP x64? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t492030-hp1115-photosmart-printer-anyone-using-this-in-xp-x64.html)

Noozer 05-22-2006 04:36 PM

HP1115 Photosmart printer - Anyone using this in XP x64?

From what I can see, the only driver I don't have is for the HP 1115
Photosmart printer.

Can anyone tell me if x64 has a built in driver for this printer? Anyone
have any luck using this printer in XP x64?

It's about all that's holding me back from upgrading.

Thx!

Jane Colman 05-22-2006 08:24 PM

Re: HP1115 Photosmart printer - Anyone using this in XP x64?

From the HP site :

Support for this HP product in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not
currently planned. There are no Windows XP Professional x64 drivers
available for download at this time.

However, it may be worth trying some of the inbuilt HP printer drivers if
you know a similar model to this one. Unfortunately, none of the Photosmart
printers seem to be listed in the Add printer wizard HP selection.

My own printer will never have support for x64, but I got it working with
drivers for a similar printer from the list ;) (Canon).

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= 05-22-2006 09:15 PM

RE: HP1115 Photosmart printer - Anyone using this in XP x64?

Noozer:
Try this beta driver from HP:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...v5.64.0.17.exe
Found this inside the hpf5900s.inf file included in the package:
; non-composite devices that might work
"hp photosmart p1000 series" =
VIPx64.GPD.NTAMD64,USBPRINT\HEWLETT-PACKARDPHOTOED37,LPTENUM\HEWLETT-PACKARDPHOTOED37
"hp photosmart p1100 series" =
VIPx64.GPD.NTAMD64,USBPRINT\HEWLETT-PACKARDPHOTO2D66,LPTENUM\HEWLETT-PACKARDPHOTO2D66
"hp photosmart 1115 series" =
VIPx64.GPD.NTAMD64,USBPRINT\HPPHOTOSMART_11150FFF, LPTENUM\HPPHOTOSMART_11150FFF
Carlos

Tony Sperling 05-22-2006 09:58 PM

Re: HP1115 Photosmart printer - Anyone using this in XP x64?

You certainly are an asset to the misfortunate, Carlos!

Tony. . .

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= 05-22-2006 10:10 PM

Re: HP1115 Photosmart printer - Anyone using this in XP x64?

Thanks, Tony!

Tony Sperling 05-22-2006 10:48 PM

Re: HP1115 Photosmart printer - Anyone using this in XP x64?

You are more than welcome. . .hey, I just changed my visual theme to
something that made the subject pane in OE almost unreadable, and when any
new posts appeared it used to display in bold, now everything (new, old,
read and un-read) lists in 5point something, and I cannot find where to
change it back (font changes in 'options', only display in the 'reader'
pane), unless I change the theme back. Have you got any idea?

Thanks

Tony. . .

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= 05-22-2006 11:31 PM

Re: HP1115 Photosmart printer - Anyone using this in XP x64?

Tony:
My experiencie with OE is zero. I would try a System Restore.
Carlos
(running NG web interface on my Pocket PC in a hotspot at the local
University. Gotta get back to my pupils!)

Tony Sperling 05-22-2006 11:55 PM

Re: HP1115 Photosmart printer - Anyone using this in XP x64?

Yes, I established that it was a property of that theme and I put the old
one back and it is allright now. Windows Explorer's file list was the same
unrecognizable font but there you don't expect that list to respond to any
activity, it was just incredibly small. Well, that one is out the window.
Good riddance!