Velocity Reviews

-   -   64bit Excel (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t491984-64bit-excel.html)

John J Leber 05-16-2006 10:18 AM

64bit Excel

I seem to remember seeing that a 64bit Excel and/or Access would be offered
but NOT in Office but in a different 'package'.

Has anyone else heard that?

thanks

John

Charlie Russel-MVP 05-16-2006 02:57 PM

Re: 64bit Excel

From all I've seen, not any time soon. The current beta of Office doesn't
have a 64 bit version, and I'm not holding my breath for one. That being
said, I'd be surprised if they didn't do something with a 64 bit version at
some point after they release Office 2007.

Charlie.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 05-16-2006 04:15 PM

Re: 64bit Excel

Charlie, when it comes to 64-bit and Office 2007, I suspect we are more
likely to see some of the Server products have 64-bit capabilities. I know
that Outlook 2007 was mentioned to be coming with 64-bit capabilities (I
read this on the Exchange Server blog btw).
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

Charlie Russel - MVP 05-16-2006 08:48 PM

Re: 64bit Excel

Yup. I suspect that may happen. But full native 64bit Office doesn't look
promising for this round, I'm afraid.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64