Velocity Reviews

-   -   Installshield errors (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t491914-installshield-errors.html)

Phil 05-04-2006 01:48 AM

Installshield errors

i am getting these errors while trying to install driver packages from
Creative- for the SB audigy 2 x64 driver packages and also for everquest 2
installshield

Error Code: -5009 : 0x80040154
Error Information:
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (396)
>Kernel\Component.cpp (1161)
>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (384)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1694)

pAPP:InstallShield Update Service
PVENDOR:InstallShield
PGUID:60C4E5A2-DBB3-11D6-8B49-00105A9846E9
$10.0.0.159PAK
@Windows Service Pack 1 (3790) IE 6.0.3790.1830

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 05-04-2006 03:23 AM

Re: Installshield errors

Its possible you need to update the Windows Installer 3.1:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=898715
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

Phil 05-05-2006 07:54 PM

Re: Installshield errors

I tried to update the windows install 3.1
but windows x64 reported that the kernal cant run in x64 mode so it will not
install SIC

went to the installshield devolpers website
http://www.macrovision.com/is_to_mvsn.shtml
and consumer website http://consumer.installshield.com/default.asp
got my answers on the consumers found what looked

like a plauseable soultion here on the consumer website
http://consumer.installshield.com/common.asp
thier kernalupdate crashed on install, and i also found a x64 ikernal on
thier website dont have the URL handy but it in that section referd to
previous... no go

after all this i followed the directory structure found the ikernal
directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime

Hence installshield crashing

ikernal was missing, so full wipe and reinstall seems to be only soultion
to this problem

Rick 05-06-2006 12:13 PM

Re: Installshield errors

Did you get the right file? There is a 32-bit one and a 64-bit one.
The one you need is for Win x64. Start at:

You'll have a choice of 4 downloads. You need the last one:

WindowsServer2003-KB898715-ia64-enu.exe
WindowsServer2003-KB898715-x64-enu.exe
WindowsServer2003-KB898715-x86-enu.exe
WindowsXP-KB898715-x64-enu.exe

dhines384 02-21-2007 04:32 AM

Re: Installshield errors

While I rely this thread is about 6 months old, I have recently run into
this problem. When attempting to install just about any program, I get
the following message

> The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if
> you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is
> not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
> assistance.

I have tried reinstalling the above mentioned download, but it still
does not work. Does anyone have any ideas?

--
dhines384
dhines384's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=22396

http://forums.techarena.in