Velocity Reviews

-   -   Lavasoft Firewall? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t491524-lavasoft-firewall.html)

louise 03-27-2007 05:17 AM

Lavasoft Firewall?

Has anyone had experience with Lavasoft firewall?

I'm running an old Kerio at the moment but would love
something as light on resources that is being kept current.

TIA

Louise

Sebastian Gottschalk 03-27-2007 06:45 AM

Re: Lavasoft Firewall?

louise wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with Lavasoft firewall?

Well, Lavasoft is not exactly known for writing good software.[1]

> I'm running an old Kerio at the moment but would love
> something as light on resources that is being kept current.

You also want to keep having unpatched vulnerabilities? And ridiculous
popups with useless information? And a broken network?

[1] http://rootkit.com/newsread.php?newsid=471

JD in TX 03-27-2007 11:22 AM

Re: Lavasoft Firewall?

Sebastian Gottschalk <seppi@seppig.de> wrote in news:56rss6F29tjavU1
@mid.dfncis.de:

> louise wrote:
>
>> Has anyone had experience with Lavasoft firewall?

> Well, Lavasoft is not exactly known for writing good software.

That's why Lavasoft's firewall is a re-branded version of Outpost
firewall.

Sebastian Gottschalk 03-27-2007 01:59 PM

Re: Lavasoft Firewall?

JD in TX wrote:

> Sebastian Gottschalk <seppi@seppig.de> wrote in news:56rss6F29tjavU1
> @mid.dfncis.de:
>
>> louise wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone had experience with Lavasoft firewall?

>> Well, Lavasoft is not exactly known for writing good software.

> That's why Lavasoft's firewall is a re-branded version of Outpost
> firewall.

Well, Outpost is not known to be good software either, that's why they
match so well.