Velocity Reviews

-   -   Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work.. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t491198-why-does-outlook-2003-on-an-exhchange-server-only-sometimes-work.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?= 02-16-2006 02:59 PM

Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work..

Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
Windows 64bit Edition?

Rick 02-16-2006 03:25 PM

Re: Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work..

Because the computer is smarter than you!

Mine has been working for some time without any problem!

Torrey Lauer 02-16-2006 04:03 PM

Re: Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work..

If you are using ISA Server, then it's because we (me included) are waiting
for a 64 bit version of the ISA Server FWC (firewall client). Until MS
releases a 64 bit version of the FWC, Outlook won't function exactly as you
expected.

I have however been able to circumvent the issue by using OWA to get e-mail.
It may or may not work for you depending on your server setup, but you may
be able to access your e-mail through IE by going to http://(your server IP
or server name)/exchange

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?= 02-16-2006 04:56 PM

Re: Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes wo

Thanks Rick, thats extremely helpful.

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?= 02-16-2006 05:00 PM

Re: Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes wo

Are you using exchange server across the internet?

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?= 02-16-2006 05:02 PM

Re: Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes wo

Thanks, and OWA does work for me too but it is more limited than OUtlook
2003. This is another example of a microsoft problem. No one can point the
fingers at others on this one. Rick, is this a microsoft problem?

Charlie Russel - MVP 02-16-2006 05:03 PM

Re: Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work..

obviously, because you don't know how to configure it

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?= 02-16-2006 05:11 PM

Re: Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes wo

1and1.com 'configures it' but I sure do love watching you guys blame the user
with something that is your fault.

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?= 02-16-2006 05:13 PM

Re: Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes wo

And it works perfectly on every other machine I have ever installed it on. I
think the most frustrating thing is how you guys are so quick to point the
finger at others but are simply unable to take some responsibility.

Rick 02-16-2006 05:21 PM

Re: Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes wo

This probably is a Microsoft problem, but like Torrey says, people are
waiting for a software update. But, these things don't just appear like
magic overnight. It always take awhile for the software to catch up
with the hardware. The hardware has to be there to work with before the
software can be written. So, it's not the proverbial chicken and egg
story. You simply cannot develop software without the hardware to run
it on.