Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anyone bought modem that works with X64? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t491183-anyone-bought-modem-that-works-with-x64.html)

me@tarquin.demon.co.uk 02-15-2006 11:15 AM

Anyone bought modem that works with X64?

If you have would you please tell me which model and from where you
bought it, please. Also, does it handle faxes, as that's what I need
it for the most.

Dominic Payer 02-15-2006 11:49 AM

Re: Anyone bought modem that works with X64?

http://www.vadim.co.uk/MRI++1456PCI-...28Smartlink%29 works for
me with fax and voice using the SmartLink x64 drivers.

Larry Hodges 02-15-2006 05:49 PM

Re: Anyone bought modem that works with X64?

I'm using an old 3Com OfficeConnect external USB modem with the Microsoft
on-board drivers. Works great.

me@tarquin.demon.co.uk 02-15-2006 09:17 PM

Re: Anyone bought modem that works with X64?

Thank you both for replying.

I think I'll go for the internal one that Dominic finds to work OK.

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhd29sZg==?= 02-23-2006 09:40 PM

RE: Anyone bought modem that works with X64?

A bit late I realize, but several USR modems have x64 drivers, and Agere
softmodems do as well (which have MUCH better connect rates from all I've
seen and heard...you can snag one from trendnet if ya want to find out, like
$10)
Don't know much about Smartlinks myself