Velocity Reviews

-   -   x64 software available (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t491056-x64-software-available.html)

Rubén Cuenca 02-08-2006 07:54 AM

x64 software available

What programs are built on x64 technology? I could only find x32
applications running on my windows 64.
Is there any software available on audio/video encoding/decoding where we
could feel the improvements of the 64 bit hardware?
Thanks for your attention.

Tony Sperling 02-09-2006 10:37 AM

Re: x64 software available

Hi there.

Well it isn't a whole lot yet, but there certainly are some app's - I don't
know about the A/V sort of app's, but take a look at:

http://www.planetamd64.com

you need to register as a member, it's free, and a very good resource to
have. At intervals things happen regularly too.

Otherwise you have some opensource stuff like PovRay, and GhostScript. They
are 64bit. Further on you have Openoffice and The Gimp and Scribus that has
come out in Windows versions, 32bit as of yet, but hang on.

There's Blender, I don't remember if that was 64bit, all-in-all, enough to
have anyone surprised I would like to think.

Povray can even be set up to do some benchmarking - probably not anything
scientific, but most likely significantly more than superficial.

Greetings, Tony. . .

=?Utf-8?B?SW5zdWx0Q29taWNEb2c=?= 02-09-2006 05:13 PM

RE: x64 software available

If you install Visual Studio 2005 on XP x64 it will install as native 64 bit.