Velocity Reviews

-   -   Why are there multiple drivers for HID devices? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t490974-why-are-there-multiple-drivers-for-hid-devices.html)

typingcat@gmail.com 02-01-2006 11:51 AM

Why are there multiple drivers for HID devices?

I'm using the old Wacom Graphire 1 tablet. I downloaded the newest
driver from the Wacom website and installed it. The mysterious thing
was the same 'not digintally signed driver warning' for the same driver
popped twice each. (HID compliant device, USB human interface device,
Wacom absolute mouse...) After the driver installation, the tablet
worked but I found many drivers WHOSE NAMES ARE THE SAME under 'Human
Interface Devices' node and 'Mice and other pointing devices' node. Is
it normal? Because it didn't happened when I was using 32bit Windows.
Thank you for your advice and help, in advance.