Velocity Reviews

-   -   Upgrading XP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t490894-upgrading-xp.html)

=?Utf-8?B?S3J1bmFsIEJoYXR0aQ==?= 01-27-2006 07:45 AM

Upgrading XP

Sir,

I bought new pc its Compaq SR1730IL its P4 3.06 GHz EM64Twith 256 DDR-2 RAM

currently i installed WINSOWS XP Professional Ver.2002 Service pack 2.

now i would like to upgrade it in Windows XP X64 Edition.

so, could you please help me. how can i upgrade in, did i need to format xp
or it will automatically upgrade it..?

my drives support X64 edition..?

Thank you
krunal

John Barnes 01-27-2006 12:28 PM

Re: Upgrading XP

You need to install x64 from the CD to a clean partition. This is an OEM
and there is no upgrade path. Clean install only. You can dual boot as
many here do. You would then install on a new partition and leave your
current system intact.