Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t490760-sony-dv-camera-firewire-not-connecting-x64.html)

Niklas Engfelt 01-15-2006 09:45 PM

Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64

I have Windows 2003 x64 edition, which is basically the same as XP x64.
I have a Sony DCR-HC90E DV-camera, and when I connect it with FireWire,
it only comes up as "61883 Class Bus Device" with a yellow exclamation
mark.

Any ideas why it is not shown properly? I have tried Pinnacle 10.1 and
Nero Vision 7 and they cannot find any sources. (of course when it is a
yellow exclamation mark)

Nikonja 01-16-2006 07:24 PM

Re: Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64

On 15 Jan 2006 13:45:34 -0800, Niklas Engfelt wrote:

> I have Windows 2003 x64 edition, which is basically the same as XP x64.
> I have a Sony DCR-HC90E DV-camera, and when I connect it with FireWire,
> it only comes up as "61883 Class Bus Device" with a yellow exclamation
> mark.
>
> Any ideas why it is not shown properly? I have tried Pinnacle 10.1 and
> Nero Vision 7 and they cannot find any sources. (of course when it is a
> yellow exclamation mark)

Is there any driver you can install ?

Niklas Engfelt 01-16-2006 07:37 PM

Re: Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64

I called Sony and they said that there were only an USB driver for
32-bit Windows and that FireWire should work automatically. They didn't
have any 64-bit drivers. He said FireWire was faster and better as well
especially with higher resolution DV-cameras like mine.

Jud Hendrix 01-16-2006 11:18 PM

Re: Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64

On 16 Jan 2006 11:37:52 -0800, "Niklas Engfelt" <engfelt@gmail.com> wrote:

Maybe you could try and force to install the drivers by doing a manual
driver-update in the Device Manager, and then select the Sony
Firewire-drivers for the camera. I tried that once in Windows 2000 (I
think) when it didn't recognize my camera properly, and that worked.

jud

John Barnes 01-17-2006 12:05 AM

Re: Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64

Since the latest version of DirectX 9 is already installed, there is nothing
to install

Paul 01-17-2006 12:52 AM

Niklas Engfelt 01-17-2006 05:23 PM

Re: Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64

I have DirectX 9.0c and all Windows updates so it should be the latest?

I cannot choose any drivers by force since no drivers exist for
FireWire. I have now tried to install Windows XP 32 sp2 and all udpates
and it comes up as an unknown device this time and Windows Movie Maker
cannot find the camera here either. :(

John Barnes 01-17-2006 05:32 PM

Re: Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64

You might check to see what program is set to handle the file type you are
dealing with. JPEG? JPG? etc.

news:1137518605.960773.109280@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

John Barnes 01-17-2006 05:36 PM

Re: Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64

Also what shows up in device manager when you plug in the camera?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= 01-17-2006 06:26 PM

Re: Sony DV-camera FireWire not connecting x64

Last resort. Try this.
Go to Control Panel, Network Connections.
Right click on the 1394 one and choose Properties.
Uncheck all network protocols attached to this card (you are not using it
for networking anyway!) and Accept.
See what happens next time you plug in your camera.
I never enable the IEEE1394 for networking during Windows install and never
have had problems with my 5 year old JVC DV camera.
Carlos