Velocity Reviews

-   -   i was wondering ........ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t490714-i-was-wondering.html)

=?Utf-8?B?WmVhbG90b3I=?= 01-12-2006 08:13 PM

i was wondering ........

i would like to know where or if anyone can tell me here what exactly is the
differences between a normal edition of xp or x64 and the Corp edition of xp
or x64 ...... what exactly make up the differences in the corp editions ???
thanx

Jupiter Jones [MVP] 01-12-2006 08:31 PM

Re: i was wondering ........

There is no such thing a "Corp edition", but that is often a name given to
pirated copies of Volume License.
Functionally Volume License is identical to the normal editions.The main
differences are in activation.

Volume Licensing Home:
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.mspx

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

=?Utf-8?B?WmVhbG90b3I=?= 01-12-2006 08:44 PM

Re: i was wondering ........

that would explain it coz a guy told me that his corp edition is the best and
better than normal editions ...... so i didnt quite understand him, thanx so
much

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 01-12-2006 09:40 PM

Re: i was wondering ........

The only major difference in the Volume License edition of XP Professional
x64 are tools for unattended setup and WinPE and thats most useful in
networked environments where folks want to major role outs of Windows.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Jupiter Jones [MVP] 01-12-2006 11:02 PM

Re: i was wondering ........

Ask him to explain "best and better"
It sounds like he is bragging, possibly unknowingly, he has a stolen copy.

John Barnes 01-13-2006 12:05 AM

Re: i was wondering ........

Or maybe setting up a sucker.

Jupiter Jones [MVP] 01-13-2006 12:40 AM

Re: i was wondering ........

Very good possibility...
Still not good.

NoNoBadDog! 01-14-2006 07:48 PM

Re: i was wondering ........

"Zealotor" <Zealotor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i would like to know where or if anyone can tell me here what exactly is
>the
> differences between a normal edition of xp or x64 and the Corp edition of
> xp
> or x64 ...... what exactly make up the differences in the corp editions
> ???
> thanx

There is no such thing as a "corporate" edition. Anyone who uses that term
is showing their ignorance.

Bobby