Velocity Reviews

-   -   Carlos-Ch@bot (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t490508-carlos-ch-bot.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9zLUNoQGJvdA==?= 12-29-2005 05:24 AM

Carlos-Ch@bot

Anyone can tell me how can i install a webcam un xp64? no compabiliity, is
there any patch or something?

i´m very tired, ´cause i buy two webcams, one, is a d-link dsb-c120, and the
other one is a genius GE111 and i can´t install drivers because of
compatibility...

i want to know is there any solution for that problem.

And another thing.... someone tell me that if i install a 32 bit version of
windows xp in my AMD Athlon 64 bit processor it run a half-speed than xp 64
.... is that true?

Andre Da Costa 12-29-2005 05:44 AM

Re: Carlos-Ch@bot

You need to contact the manufacturer of your web cam for 64 bit drivers,
they are the ones responsible for the hardware and driver development. As
for running Windows XP x86 (32-bit) on your AMD 64 machine, yes you can.
Yes, there is a significant increase in performance, but it won't compare to
running a native 64 bit operating system and applications.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9zLUNoQGJvdA==?= 12-29-2005 08:04 AM

Re: Carlos-Ch@bot

Significant increase? can u give me an example? heres my pc description...

AMD Athlon 64 bit processor
Winfast 760gxk8mb motherboard
two hard drives Serial ATA 160 gb (total 320 gb disc space)
ati radeon 9250 256 mb ddr
2 gb RAM ddr

tank you for take your time to help me...

P.S: the increase can be the half-speed someone tell me about?

thanks a lot to answer

John Barnes 12-29-2005 01:33 PM

Re: Carlos-Ch@bot

You won't notice the difference in speed unless you are running true 64-bit
apps or using memory over 4gb which you aren't.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 12-29-2005 04:59 PM

Re: Carlos-Ch@bot

Significant is probably not the right word, but its a little faster, but to
be honest, only 32-bit server based applications and operating systems are
most likely to benefit in terms of greater performance on 64-bit.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9zLUNoQGJvdA==?= 12-29-2005 05:46 PM

Re: Carlos-Ch@bot

Well, i got no response for the brands of webcams i buyed, so i guess i cant
install them, its a shame....

I´m not shure if i got to install another windows version, cause even my ATI
card (ati radeon 9250) its workin with a ATI 9500 64 bit driver. i dont know
if thats useful and normal or if i´m making damages to my PC.

For the 64 bits applications Í ain´t got much, only antivirus... im worry
because i work in 3d animation and TV production (at home, freelance) and i
got little prblems with those 32 bit applications.

Thank you again for taking your time and help me.

Andre Da Costa 12-29-2005 10:13 PM

Re: Carlos-Ch@bot

Carlos, from the sound of it all it looks like moving to 64-bit Windows XP
is just not worth it considering the amount of 32-bit hardware and software
you have invested in. I would use Windows XP Home or Professional x86
instead you are guaranteed on those versions it will work.

Bruce Chambers 12-30-2005 02:45 AM

Re: Carlos-Ch@bot

Carlos-Ch@bot wrote:
> Anyone can tell me how can i install a webcam un xp64? no compabiliity, is
> there any patch or something?
>
> i´m very tired, ´cause i buy two webcams, one, is a d-link dsb-c120, and the
> other one is a genius GE111 and i can´t install drivers because of
> compatibility...
>
> i want to know is there any solution for that problem.

Yes, check for compatibility and/or driver availability *before* making
the purchase. Only the cameras' manufacturers can provide 64-bit
drivers for their products.

> And another thing.... someone tell me that if i install a 32 bit version of
> windows xp in my AMD Athlon 64 bit processor it run a half-speed than xp 64
> ... is that true?

"Someone" was pulling your leg. There will be a slight difference in
performance, but it won't be noticeable to you.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm