Velocity Reviews

-   -   Installing x64 on RAID0, nForce4 drivers ! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t490255-installing-x64-on-raid0-nforce4-drivers.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZnJleQ==?= 12-07-2005 11:33 PM

Installing x64 on RAID0, nForce4 drivers !

Hi everyone,

I'm having a lot of problems with getting Windows Pro x64 installed on my
RAID0 Raptor harddiscs ! At the beginning of the installation I press F6 to
load the "RAID CLASS DRIVER" and the "nVidia Storage Controller" driver but
just before the "select partition" screen should appear, I get a BSOD with
error 0x0000007b.
Whatever version I use of nVidia's drivers (64-bit) ! For testing, I
selected only the "RAID CLASS DRIVER" and get NO error, but I also get both
my partitions instead of one RAID0 disc. When I try installing the "nVidia
Storage Controller" alone, I get the same BSOD error ! I read on other
forums that there could be something wrong with the 'oemsetup.txt' file and
the Windows Installer then tries to use a standard driver.......? How do I
check and/or disable this ?

(Even slipstreamed the nVidia drivers onto the installation CD with the same
results.)

Thx,
Jeffrey
Belgium

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 12-07-2005 11:53 PM

Re: Installing x64 on RAID0, nForce4 drivers !

Are you using the latest updated F6 Drivers for your configuration?
Charlie Russel, has a nice write about loading storage drivers, you might
want to read that first to make sure you are doing it correctly:
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../11/52162.aspx
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZnJleQ==?= 12-09-2005 11:43 AM

Re: Installing x64 on RAID0, nForce4 drivers !

Tried all available versions on Nvidia's website ! I'll try a 32-bit OS too.

Thx for the reply.

John Barnes 12-09-2005 12:09 PM

Re: Installing x64 on RAID0, nForce4 drivers !

Do you have NVRAID enabled in the BIOS?