Velocity Reviews

-   -   I want my real player (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t490176-i-want-my-real-player.html)

Rob Wilkens 12-01-2005 08:31 PM

I want my real player

Anyone interested in trying to petition real to allow the real player to
install on 64-bit windows.

Let's face it, the computer world is more than just windows, and to be stuck
with a windows-only media player is ludicrous.

-Rob

Gato Loco 12-01-2005 09:17 PM

Re: I want my real player

Real Alternative will install on x64. It will play rm and ram format
and has streaming capabilities etc.

gl

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 12-01-2005 09:24 PM

Re: I want my real player

In the mean time, try this alternative:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...lternative.cfm
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

David Scheidt 12-01-2005 09:24 PM

Re: I want my real player

The latest version installs on Windows x64 just fine...
- David Scheidt

Colin Barnhorst 12-01-2005 10:24 PM

Re: I want my real player

Great. What is the version number?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 12-01-2005 10:44 PM

Re: I want my real player

While you are at it, post the link here.

Wm D. Christensen 12-01-2005 11:01 PM

Re: I want my real player

I installed from here last week.
http://forms.real.com/netzip/getrde6...type=dlrhap_bb
Clicked on run, downloaded and installed.

Hope this helps

Bill

Colin Barnhorst 12-01-2005 11:28 PM

Re: I want my real player

Thanks.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 12-02-2005 12:03 AM

Re: I want my real player

Thank you.

Charlie Russel - MVP 12-02-2005 12:04 AM

Re: I want my real player

Well, let me know how badly it mucks up your system. I used to be a firm
believer in Real, and then when they started trying to force you into a
subscription (THAT will be the day!), and it kept crashing my machine, I
gave up on them as a bad idea all the way around. I'd be happy to hear that
they'd improved.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64