Velocity Reviews

-   -   installing x64 info plz help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489920-installing-x64-info-plz-help.html)

=?Utf-8?B?bG9yZHZpcGVyMjMwMA==?= 11-13-2005 04:31 AM

installing x64 info plz help

hello. im new to the x64 bit version of windows xp pro. a friend of mine has
been telling me about it and it is all sounding really nice.

my question is will i need to upgrade my computer first to be able to use it?

i right now have a amd thunderbird 2200+ cpu.

but from that i have been reading i need a amd64 cpu? am i correct on this?

if not then ill give it a try and ill come back here and let everyone know
how its working.

Colin Barnhorst 11-13-2005 07:45 AM

Re: installing x64 info plz help

You cannot install x64 on a five-year old AMD 32-bit cpu. You cannot
upgrade the computer to support an AMD64. It does not have a 939 or 940 cpu
socket and none of the circuitry on the motherboard will support x64. If
you want to go 64 you will need a new computer. Check out CyberPower for
some ideas.