Velocity Reviews

-   -   Trial wont install (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489736-trial-wont-install.html)

=?Utf-8?B?UHJpdHBhbA==?= 10-27-2005 08:53 PM

Trial wont install

Hi i downloaded the trial version and i burned it on disc as the email says,
and then when i put the disc in, it wont go into the setup can anyone tell me
how i get it to actualy install, im a bit of a dummy really, it says in the
email if it does not auto start then go in windows explorer select the cd and
type setup.exe i done that but it says:
This version of Windows must be installed by booting off of CD
Please reboot your computer with the CD in the drive.
Ive done that but it aint working.
Can anyone help me please

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 10-27-2005 09:11 PM

Re: Trial wont install

It probably was not burnt properly or your BIOS is not set to boot from the
CD:
here are the instructions on how to burn an ISO:

you have to burn it CD, not copy it, do not extract the ISO, thats the bad
way
to do it. You need boot off the Windows XP Professional x64 CD-ROM to do the
installation, can't run setup from within 32 bit Windows.

Instructions for burning ISO using either Nero or Easy CD Creator:
http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

Boot from CD:
http://www.cites.uiuc.edu/security/antivirus/bios.html
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

=?Utf-8?B?UHJpdHBhbA==?= 10-27-2005 09:30 PM

Re: Trial wont install

Remember im no computer expert so you need to explain more clearly how to
burn it, the iso file i downloaded it burned that to cd i didnt extract it,
and then i made a 2nd cd with it that is extracted, i tried both and they
wont work, i changed my setting so that the CD/DVD-Rom was first boot, but it
still wont work.

John Barnes 10-27-2005 10:06 PM

Re: Trial wont install

If you followed up the instructions Andre gave you a link to and burned it
as an ISO, when you set the BIOS to boot from the CD first, do you get the
message during boot to 'hit any key to boot from CD'?, and it sounds like
you have XP on your system. Does it just boot into that after the final
page of POST which would have the message at the bottom of it. If domr info
on how your system is set up might be helpful.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 10-27-2005 10:24 PM

Re: Trial wont install

Thats why I gave you the links to information about burning the ISO to a CD
properly and and setting your BIOS to boot from the CD Rom drive. You can't
launch setup within Windows XP 32 bit (x86), have to boot from the CD just
before the computer displays the Windows Splash, this requires that you go
into your BIOS, here is the link to do so:

Colin Barnhorst 10-28-2005 05:48 AM

Re: Trial wont install

What is your cpu?

=?Utf-8?B?UHJpdHBhbA==?= 10-28-2005 01:58 PM

Re: Trial wont install

you dont understand ive already burned the iso to disc, and set up my bios
properly, but it still wont work.

John Barnes 10-28-2005 03:12 PM

Re: Trial wont install

Try the CD on another machine and see if it is bootable there. Even on a
32-bit machine you should see it give you a message that it cannot be
installed there.
If Andre doesn't understand it is because you are not clear.

andy 10-28-2005 03:55 PM

Re: Trial wont install

Do you have another bootable CD such as Windows XP 32-bit version? If
so, try booting your computer from it. If it boots, then you can
conclude that the Windows XP 64-bit CD that you created has a problem.

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:58:13 -0700, "Pritpal"

=?Utf-8?B?UGFyaSBBbm4gQmVsbCAoQlQp?= 11-07-2005 11:39 AM

Re: Trial wont install

Question: I have a copy of XP64, which I received for beta testing the
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack. Apparently I burned the CD wrong, and
without properly testing it, deleted the downloaded ISO, which is now lost
forever. I can't download it again. I have the improperly burned CD and the
Key for it. If I download the trial version, properly burn the CD, install
it, should I then be able to use the setup.exe from within the Trial version
to install the Full Version OS? Since I will be in a 64 bit system at that
point?

Pari Ann Bell (Beta Tester)
United States