Velocity Reviews

-   -   How can I install Visual Studio 2003 on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit edition? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489619-how-can-i-install-visual-studio-2003-on-windows-2003-server-64-bit-edition.html)

Ertugrul Uysal 10-17-2005 02:38 PM

How can I install Visual Studio 2003 on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit edition?

When I run setup.exe from the installation disk I get the following error
"setup.exe is not a valid win32 application". Probably the installer is a 16
bit application but I read it is possible to run Visual Studio 2003 on
Windows 2003 Server x64. I can not find out how to install it.
(Actually the same is true for Office 2003 and probably others)
Could anyone tell me what is wrong?
Windows Server 2003 Standart x64 Edition with SP1

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 10-17-2005 03:28 PM

Re: How can I install Visual Studio 2003 on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit edition?

There has been reported conflicts installing either Microsoft Office XP or
2003 on Windows XP Professional x64. The problem it seems is as a result of
a flaw in Windows Installer 3.1. Here is a link to the update to resolve the
problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Ertugrul Uysal 10-18-2005 08:12 AM

Re: How can I install Visual Studio 2003 on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit edition?

I will try the update. Thank you.

Ertugrul Uysal 10-19-2005 05:31 AM

Re: How can I install Visual Studio 2003 on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit edition?

I think my problem was with the CDROM driver. I was able to do the
installations over the network. I've installed Windows using the same
CDROM, so probably this was not a hardware problem.