Velocity Reviews

-   -   Driver for devices (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489589-driver-for-devices.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?= 10-14-2005 04:11 AM

Driver for devices

After checking the hardware in the control pannel i noticed :
6 devices has any drivers :
Canon IP 2000 (printer)
Mass storage Controller ?
Multimedia Audio Controller ?
Network Controller ?
PCI Modem ?
SM Bus Controller ?

Is some think important? In relation with wifi or more important. I will
look if possible to find a driver for the printer (must be in 64 bits is it
true?)

Bye
Hugo

Tony Sperling 10-14-2005 08:28 AM

Re: Driver for devices

Hello, I think you may have trouble finding a Canon driver - and yes,
drivers must be 64bit. The rest, probably is Acer Specific Hardware that has
support on the system CD (Windows XP Home Edition?). In order to have that
set up to work, sadly, you must find the driver support yourself. Identify
what Hardware it is - preferably, find out what chip is driving the item. If
your Wi-Fi, for instance, is driven by the Broadcom chip you may be lucky,
they have good support in 64bit. But, on the other hand, if your Wi-Fi is
controlled by a button on the machine - like my HP, then you are out of luck
again as there is no general support for such buttons. But ask Acer first!
Then go to PlanetAMD64.com and take a look. If you find anything you must
give it to Windows by the F6 method, during install. As your system is
already installed, it should be O.K. to do a 'repair install' and use 'F6'
from there.

The Hardware you are looking for should be described in the printed manual
that came with your TravelMate - if it did? Otherwise, go to the 'site' of
the Motherboard manufacturer and look for a description of the board.
Mass storage - could be USB.
Multimedia - could be AC97 audio (perhaps Realtek)
Network controller - could be anything

Basically, this is the way you go ahead, you should be able to get some of
that stuff up and running, but don't expect it all to function in a hurry -
and never without blood, sweat and tears.

Tony. . .

Dominic Payer 10-14-2005 10:14 AM

Re: Driver for devices

Visit your regional Acer support site and download and install the x64
drivers and utilities for your Travelmate 4400. This should resolve all
except the Canon printer driver.

Canon has no x64 driver for the IP2000. You should get basic printing with
the BJC8000 driver included with x64. See
http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php...8852&hl=ip2000

=?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?= 10-14-2005 02:11 PM

Re: Driver for devices

Hello Dominic,
Can I just download and install the driver before reintalling win 64bits? Or
have I to burn these on a CD before rebooting? Or download and intall the
drivers after installing win 64 bits? What is the best solution?
Thank you.
Hugo

=?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?= 10-14-2005 02:24 PM

Re: Driver for devices

OK I visited planetAMD64 I noticed how to do.
Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?= 10-14-2005 02:47 PM

Re: Driver for devices

In one of my older posts I read some think about F6 during installation. How
it works ? For all the drivers?

Dominic Payer 10-14-2005 03:36 PM

Re: Driver for devices

F6 is for RAID drivers if you want to install x64 on a RAID array and the
drivers for the RAID chipset are not included in the x64 Windows setup disk.

Any other drivers can be installed after Windows is installed.

If you have only one machine and will need chipset or LAN drivers to enable
the LAN port(s) and access the internet, be sure you have the necessary
drivers downloaded or otherwise available before you install Windows.

=?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?= 10-14-2005 04:33 PM

Re: Driver for devices

Hello Dominic,

They are 10 different drivers for all the devices of The Travelmate 4400
ACER thurion 64. But you are right, I must check each one before reinstalling
win XP Pro 64bits because I need few drivers (video ATI card, lan connection,
audio card and more... ) I will read all this during W-E. I wrote one entire
page of word file with all the adives I have to follow for properly install
XP 64 bits Pro... A real Job...Lolll
But very interesting...
Thank you,
Hugo