Velocity Reviews

-   -   Software won't install (64 bit edition) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489503-software-wont-install-64-bit-edition.html)

=?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRuYg==?= 10-06-2005 08:39 AM

Software won't install (64 bit edition)

Certain software programs won't install under the windows 64 bit edition.

Ironically Microsoft Office is one of them... amoung others.

Is there some trick of fix to getting this software installed?

I can get the first installer screen, where you enter your name and the
serial number, but when you click next, it says that is had encontered a
problem and needs to close.

NoNoBadDog! 10-06-2005 09:38 AM

Re: Software won't install (64 bit edition)

"Lightnb" <Lightnb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Certain software programs won't install under the windows 64 bit edition.
>
> Ironically Microsoft Office is one of them... amoung others.
>
> Is there some trick of fix to getting this software installed?
>
> I can get the first installer screen, where you enter your name and the
> serial number, but when you click next, it says that is had encontered a
> problem and needs to close.

I am running Microsoft Office 2003 under Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
with no problem.
Installed effortlessly.

Have you installed the latest motherboard and chipset drivers, and the
driver for the CPU?

Bobby

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 10-06-2005 02:24 PM

Re: Software won't install (64 bit edition)

Also check Windows update to ensure you have the latest version of the
Windows Installer 3.1 v2 installed.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 10-06-2005 09:10 PM

Re: Software won't install (64 bit edition)

Here's the download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7

=?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRuYg==?= 10-09-2005 03:13 AM

Re: Software won't install (64 bit edition)

I'm using office XP. the bios is up to date, and im pretty sure that i
installed the motherboard and proccessor drivers too... theres so many
different files given by both that its hard to tell which one you need.

=?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRuYg==?= 10-09-2005 03:14 AM

Re: Software won't install (64 bit edition)

I went there and downloaded one of the files, but it still crashes on install.

Lightnb 10-15-2005 09:45 PM

Re: Software won't install (64 bit edition)

Tried all the stuff that was suggested... MS Office still crashes. Any more
ideas?

Duke 10-27-2005 01:37 PM

Re: Software won't install (64 bit edition)

I'm using Microsoft Windows XP x64 on a single, non-Raid SATA hard
drive. I activated, registered, and validated my copy of x64 with
Microsoft---so that I could receive and install any possible x64
updates---before attempting to install any other software, including
Microsoft Office XP.

After the OS was up-to-date, I successfully installed Office XP without
any problems.

--
Duke
Duke's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=10476