Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wow, this group has died ... this is not good (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489379-wow-this-group-has-died-this-is-not-good.html)

Wayne Wastier 09-24-2005 03:11 AM

Wow, this group has died ... this is not good

Only 8 new posts for a Friday. I hope this doesn't mean that Windows XP x64
is on the way out.

Wayne

Johann Gamblepudding 09-24-2005 05:04 AM

Re: Wow, this group has died ... this is not good

'Dre must be on holiday...

Charlie Russel - MVP 09-24-2005 05:16 AM

Re: Wow, this group has died ... this is not good

No, we're still here. A quiet day in many ways, though.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP 09-24-2005 05:20 AM

Re: Wow, this group has died ... this is not good

BTW, next week will definitely be quieter here. Several of us will be
offline much of the week at a conference in Redmond. Not so much offline, as
limited. I, for one, have three different events I'm going to, some of them
overlapping. It won't leave time for any newsgroup activity until late at
night.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa 09-24-2005 03:40 PM

Re: Wow, this group has died ... this is not good

I have the flu.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Wayne Wastier 09-24-2005 04:04 PM

"Andre Da Costa" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have the flu.
> --
> Andre

I pray that you get well soon Andre. Take care of yourself, and drink lots
of warm fluids.

Wayne

Wayne Wastier 09-24-2005 04:04 PM

"Johann Gamblepudding" <Johann_Gamblepudding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> 'Dre must be on holiday...

LOL. :o)

Wayne Wastier 09-24-2005 04:05 PM

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <charlie@mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> wrote in message
> BTW, next week will definitely be quieter here. Several of us will be
> offline much of the week at a conference in Redmond. Not so much offline,
> as limited. I, for one, have three different events I'm going to, some of
> them overlapping. It won't leave time for any newsgroup activity until
> late at night.
>
> --
> Charlie.

Have fun at the conference. :>)

Wayne

Andre Da Costa 09-24-2005 04:19 PM

Re: Wow, this group has died ... this is not good

Thank you Wayne for your kind words, I appreciate that. :) cough-cough

David R. Norton MVP 09-24-2005 05:28 PM

Re: Wow, this group has died ... this is not good

"Wayne Wastier" <waynewastier@nospam.charter.net> wrote in:

> Only 8 new posts for a Friday. I hope this doesn't mean that Windows XP
> x64 is on the way out.

I'm sure it is on it's way out. The OS was never meant to be other than an
interim stopgap until TOSFKAL (The Operating System Formerly Known As
Longhorn) was released. Now that TOSFKAL is in beta test and several illegal
versions have floated around the internet folks are turning their attention
in that direction. I expect you'll see fewer and fewer posts as the months
go by until the newsgroup dies a natural death.

You might have noticed there aren't a lot of posts in the Windows 3.x groups?
<G>

--
David R. Norton MVP
<d_r_norton@yahoo.com>