Velocity Reviews

-   -   Clustering (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489326-clustering.html)

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?= 09-19-2005 04:41 PM

Clustering

What are the Clustering impacts if any of switching to 64 bit?

Charlie Russel - MVP 09-19-2005 05:27 PM

Re: Clustering

None that I can think of. Except, of course, that x64 Edition is the only
supported platform for the new HPC version of Windows -- Windows Server 2003
Compute Cluster Solution.

Oh, and access to a LOT more memory address space, of course.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Andre Da Costa 09-19-2005 06:15 PM

Re: Clustering

I guess that means you can play Solitaire a lot faster.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Charlie Russel - MVP 09-19-2005 07:49 PM

Re: Clustering

grin.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP 09-19-2005 10:26 PM

Re: Clustering

BTW, check out the new HPC beta. All it takes is two (or more) x64 boxes.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../19/66945.aspx

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64