Velocity Reviews

-   -   PCI modem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489325-pci-modem.html)

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?= 09-19-2005 04:10 PM

PCI modem

How do I install a Rockwell V1456VQH-R3 PCI modem on my Windows XP
Professional X64 edition OS? It does not have a 64bit driver.

Andre Da Costa 09-19-2005 04:31 PM

Re: PCI modem

Did you the try the manufacturer? They are the best source for device
drivers.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Rick 09-19-2005 04:55 PM

Re: PCI modem

Stanj wrote:
> How do I install a Rockwell V1456VQH-R3 PCI modem on my Windows XP
> Professional X64 edition OS? It does not have a 64bit driver.

Have you booted into Win x64 with the modem in a PCI slot to see if it
was recognized a PnP device?

Rick 09-19-2005 04:57 PM

Re: PCI modem

General Description:

Internal V.90 Rockwell chip-set based voice/fax/data speakerphone
PCI modem. It supports up to 56K (FCC allows 53.3K only) downstram and
33.6K upstram data transfer. It has built-in microphone and
speakerphone jacks. COM port is set via PnP. HSF.

If you had used your friend Google, you would have found the above
information.

Steve Foster [SBS MVP] 09-19-2005 05:24 PM

Re: PCI modem

Stanj wrote:

>How do I install a Rockwell V1456VQH-R3 PCI modem on my Windows XP
>Professional X64 edition OS? It does not have a 64bit driver.

Without a 64-bit driver, you can't.

If it's an OEM implementation of a reference design, *and* there's a
reference 64-bit driver, that _might_ work - but you'd probably be limited
to the baseline reference functionality.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?= 09-19-2005 07:26 PM

Re: PCI modem

Hi Rick,The modem is installed in a PCI slot and connected to the phoneline.I
turned on power on the computer.I then went to Device Manager and there was
NO modem in the list.I then went to CP>Add Hardware.The Add Hardware
Wizard-"The wizard is searching for hardware that has been connected to your
computer recently but has NOT yet been installed"-"Is the hardware
connected?"
"Have you already connected this hardware to your computer?" YES
That's as far as the Add Hardware Wizard got.

Rick 09-19-2005 11:07 PM

Re: PCI modem

The reference I got claimed your Rockwell chip was a Plug-and-Play Win
Modem. If it's not recognized in the current slot, try moving it to
another slot.