Velocity Reviews

-   -   A8N-SLI Deluxe (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489265-a8n-sli-deluxe.html)

=?Utf-8?B?dGFsbGVyOA==?= 09-14-2005 11:05 PM

A8N-SLI Deluxe

Is there an issue with this mobo and WinXP x64? I've had no luck installing
x64 on SATA after following all suggestions. I have an AMD 64+ X@ 4400+ in
it, latest bios, all raid disabled.
--
My Box: AMD Athlon 64+ X2 4400+, A8N-SLI Deluxe, 1 x 7800gtx, 2 x 200GB
SATA(non-raid), Audigy2, dl dvd burner, cd-rw, WinXP MCE 2005

Nymshift Time Again 09-15-2005 12:11 AM

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe

"=?Utf-8?B?dGFsbGVyOA==?=" <taller8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Is there an issue with this mobo and WinXP x64? I've had no luck
> installing x64 on SATA after following all suggestions. I have an AMD
> 64+ X@ 4400+ in it, latest bios, all raid disabled.

I have the 4400+ and Abit Fatal1ty SLI. It works just fine dual booting
from two SATA drives. Did you F6 it first?

=?Utf-8?B?dGFsbGVyOA==?= 09-15-2005 12:26 AM

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe

Yes I did, not even running in raid. Won't get past the beginning of copying
files to hd

Nymshift Time Again 09-15-2005 12:34 AM

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe

> Yes I did, not even running in raid. Won't get past the beginning of
> copying files to hd

Is it possible it's not formatted? Try booting off IDE, formatting the
SATA, then remove the IDE and try to install. Also, install the RAID
drivers even if you're not going to use them. IIRC, I had to install 2
drivers during F6; the SATA and the RAID. My SATA are not RAIDed either.

=?Utf-8?B?dGFsbGVyOA==?= 09-15-2005 12:59 AM

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe

The x64 CD formats the HD and starts copying files and then freezes. Also, I
have only SATA HD, I don't have any IDE HD

Nymshift Time Again 09-15-2005 01:25 AM

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe

> The x64 CD formats the HD and starts copying files and then freezes.
> Also, I have only SATA HD, I don't have any IDE HD

Have you tried to install XP32 on the drive? Maybe you have a corrupt
XP64 disc.

Does it really start copying files or is it just in the stage where it
caches them at the beginning of install?

Which SATA driver are you using for F6? The one on your motherboard disc
or a newer one from the net? The reason I ask that is the newer RAID
driver on the net did not work correctly for me but the one on the
motherboard CD did. I used it along with the newer SATA from the net and
decided not to RAID the drives but the RAID driver is still installed. I
had to get the correct RAID driver in order for SATA to work.

Also, I have an Abit A8N Fatal1ty SLI board and one of the first things I
discovered is immediately after updating the bios for dual core you MUST
"load optimal bios settings" and save them BEFORE doing anything with the
box or the system is very flaky. Once you do that, the Abit is rock
solid.

Another thought... just last night I was trying to install XP on an ide
drive and 32-bit cpu. I got the same symptoms you describe. Memtest86
found over 14,000 errors on the ddr333 within 10 minutes.

John Barnes 09-15-2005 02:31 AM

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe

I haven't tried, but looking for something similar, you might try the
solution in this post
Walter Thomas
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:02 AM

RE: SATA drive will not boot

=?Utf-8?B?dGFsbGVyOA==?= 09-15-2005 03:53 AM

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe

Am I missing something? What is the solution, do you mean the ide thing? If
so, I answered in my previous post I have no IDE HD.

=?Utf-8?B?dGFsbGVyOA==?= 09-15-2005 03:55 AM

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe

I've tried all the drivers. From my MB CD, from the web, you name it. The
closest it came to installing was I saw the Windows folder about to be
initiated and the install froze again.

Randy 09-15-2005 09:18 AM

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe

Well, I just googled your mobo on a hunch, and it appears it has the SATA II
hd controller on board; others have had a bit of a problem with that one, so
you may want to search this group to see what others have found to work with
that particular advanced controller...

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2005&safe=off