Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP Pro to XP64 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489212-xp-pro-to-xp64.html)

=?Utf-8?B?anVzdGlu?= 09-12-2005 04:43 AM

XP Pro to XP64

When I upgrade my pro to 64 will something wrong happen? Becuase I remember
when you upgrade XP home to xp pro or xp pro to xp home something happens so
just wondering if anything wrong will happen.

Charlie Russel - MVP 09-12-2005 05:33 AM

Re: XP Pro to XP64

Yes, something will happen -- you'll have a brand new operating system. You
can't "upgrade" to x64 Edition, it's a fresh install only. You will lose
access to all your programs until you re-install them. You have to use a
special version of the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. You need to
format the hard drive it will be installed on.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Larry 09-13-2005 08:32 AM

Re: XP Pro to XP64

The 'special transfer wizzard' that Charlie refered to is part of XP64. I
think you can get it from the XP64 CD so you can transfer out befor loosing
XP32. Maby Charlie can help you with that.

Larry

Charlie Russel - MVP 09-13-2005 03:46 PM

Re: XP Pro to XP64

No, it is NOT part of XP x64 Edition. That one will ONLY work on x64 edition
PCs. :(

http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../02/65120.aspx

--
Charlie.