Velocity Reviews

-   -   Training Kit: Upgrading your cert to Windows Server 2003 70-292 and 70-296 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t48921-training-kit-upgrading-your-cert-to-windows-server-2003-70-292-and-70-296-a.html)

Mike Miller 04-05-2004 01:13 AM

Training Kit: Upgrading your cert to Windows Server 2003 70-292 and 70-296

I agree on the MS Press book for 70-292 and 70-296. I
inform everyone how I dislike taking the Microsoft Tests
because I think they only test your hands on ability and
real world experience on about 20% of the questions. I
think the other 80% is all fluff. I do think the Tests
and studying is useful since I learn about 20% more than
if I wouldn't.

Also answering to your other question, I have the 70-292
and 70-296 Transcenders which I also used. The
Transcenders do not have similar question or similar
testing formats. I do not think they are at all valuable
for these tests!!

I passed the 292, but failed the 296. If you find any
other useful study material, please also let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Press

Mark Scott 04-06-2004 12:02 PM

Re: Training Kit: Upgrading your cert to Windows Server 2003 70-292 and 70-296

The Microsoft book is so dry its unbelievable! Again, I got the Syngress
upgrade books and found them easier to read in comparison!

smeadows71 04-06-2004 03:13 PM

Training Kit: Upgrading your cert to Windows Server 2003 70-292 and 70-296

Well, at least I'm not alone. I just picked up the Exam
Cram2 books yesterday and so far so good. Seems less full
of fluff.

I used to like the MS Readiness Review books, but they put
them on CD and included it with the training kit. I wish
they had just kept it a separate book, because its nice to
get away from the PC once in awhile.

Thanks for the Transcender info. The Exam Cram comes with
the PrepLogic exams. I've never used them before but I'll
give them a go and not waste my money on the Transcenders.