Velocity Reviews

-   -   User Accounts (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489119-user-accounts.html)

=?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2U=?= 09-04-2005 04:09 AM

User Accounts

When I go into User Accounts in Win XP Pro and create a new account it says:
You must create at least one computer account before you can create other
accounts. -When I boot up I have Administrator (need password) and Guest. Are
these not accounts? So I follow though with this and the next time I boot up
my desktop with all the icons the way I like it are changed. Then I use
restore to put things back the way it was.
What I want to do is:
1 Create another account.
2 Make the new account look like my desktop.
3 Change the new account to limited.

Charlie Russel - MVP 09-04-2005 05:59 AM

Re: User Accounts

I'm sorry, but you appear to have stumbled in to the wrong newsgroup. This
is the 64bit newsgroup, where we are focused on issues specific to the
various 64-bit Windows versions. From your post, I suspect you probably
wanted an XP specific newsgroup, probably
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64