Velocity Reviews

-   -   LSIU160 SCSI controller (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t489112-lsiu160-scsi-controller.html)

Dennis Gordon 09-03-2005 03:44 PM

LSIU160 SCSI controller

I have an extra LSI Logic U160 SCSI controller, as well as a couple of 15K
drives. I can't find any mention of 64bit drivers on LSI's site, but I
thought I saw a list somewhere on Microsoft's site. Is there an HCL where I
could check this out?

Rick 09-03-2005 06:00 PM

Re: LSIU160 SCSI controller

Dennis Gordon wrote:
> I have an extra LSI Logic U160 SCSI controller, as well as a couple of 15K
> drives. I can't find any mention of 64bit drivers on LSI's site, but I
> thought I saw a list somewhere on Microsoft's site. Is there an HCL where I
> could check this out?

According to AMD, http://developer.amd.com/drivers.aspx , the drivers
are in Win XP x64.

Dennis Gordon 09-03-2005 10:13 PM

Re: LSIU160 SCSI controller

Thanks for the link, but I don't find any compatible U160 drivers there,
just U320. Did I miss something?

Rick 09-03-2005 10:43 PM

Re: LSIU160 SCSI controller

In the right column on the AMD site it states that the drivers are
"Windows (Win64): In box". That means the drivers are included in the
Win XP x64 distribution. What more do you want?

Dennis Gordon 09-03-2005 10:53 PM

Re: LSIU160 SCSI controller

Okay, but I was looking for drivers for the specific card (LSIU160). I
didn't see any mention of that. Presuming they are on the installation CD,
would I then need to copy them to a floppy and install with F6?

Rick 09-03-2005 11:02 PM

Re: LSIU160 SCSI controller

No. If the driver is in the x64 distribution, just like any other
edition of any other OS, you do not need to load the driver via F6
during installation.

You only need to worry about it if you get to the step where you are
asked to select a drive to install to, and the drive doesn't show up.
If the drive is listed, then the system has loaded the driver and the
install program sees the drive.

Dennis Gordon 09-04-2005 01:38 AM

Re: LSIU160 SCSI controller

Gotcha. Thanks...