Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cert Rant for MCSE 2K3 Upgrades (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t48903-cert-rant-for-mcse-2k3-upgrades.html)

Rowdy Yates 04-02-2004 09:03 PM

Cert Rant for MCSE 2K3 Upgrades

<rant>

On a serious note...

So I am studying for my 70-296. (yes, i am trying to be productive and goofy
at the same time. work's okay)

I am using selftest software. There is clustering in the prep questions.
It's also in the "Skills Being Measured" section:

I looked through my upgrading skills 2000 to 2003 for MCSE/2210 workboot
text. noting on it.

I don't have the MCSA workbook, but I am pretty sure that it wasn't covered.

I know i took the courses very early in the game, but still....

My company paid full price for those courses and workbooks. They should have
covered all the objectives. :-(

</rant>

Rowdy Yates
--
"the man who tried and failed miserably"

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 04-02-2004 09:17 PM

Re: Cert Rant for MCSE 2K3 Upgrades

I'm not taking any more microsoft exams, however the topics -

Plan a high availability solution that uses clustering services.
Plan a high availability solution that uses Network Load Balancing.

- to me seem fundamental to the what the real world is all about. So,
you have a case.

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:03:06 -0800, Rowdy Yates
<rowdy_yates2@removethis.lycos.com> wrote:

><rant>
>
>On a serious note...
>
>So I am studying for my 70-296. (yes, i am trying to be productive and goofy
>at the same time. work's okay)
>
>I am using selftest software. There is clustering in the prep questions.
>It's also in the "Skills Being Measured" section:
>http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-296.asp
>
>I looked through my upgrading skills 2000 to 2003 for MCSE/2210 workboot
>text. noting on it.
>
>I don't have the MCSA workbook, but I am pretty sure that it wasn't covered.
>
>I know i took the courses very early in the game, but still....
>
>My company paid full price for those courses and workbooks. They should have
>covered all the objectives. :-(
>
></rant>
>

>Rowdy Yates

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Neil 04-02-2004 09:37 PM

Re: Cert Rant for MCSE 2K3 Upgrades

Rowdy Yates <rowdy_yates2@removethis.lycos.com> wrote in

> <rant>

snip

> I looked through my upgrading skills 2000 to 2003 for MCSE/2210
> workboot text. noting on it.

2210 sucks. I know this because I have sat the class/taught the course. I
don't like the workshop courses. (my $0.02) and no, no clustering.

> I don't have the MCSA workbook, but I am pretty sure that it wasn't
> covered.

Nope not in 2209 either. If you want to sit a class on clustering they
are separate (and rarely given) courses. The extra hardware makes them
pricey.

> I know i took the courses very early in the game, but still....

If you want to learn it, buy some gear, pally. External SCSI (ptoey)
drive that can be shared by both systems and 2 computers is what you’ll
need. And dig out the Win2k3 help files. There are also some good
resources on the web

> My company paid full price for those courses and workbooks. They
> should have covered all the objectives. :-(

snipage

you’re kidding right? Page 10 Module 1 of 2210 states:

"MOC and MSDN Training can help you develop the skills that you need to
do your job. They also complement the experience that you gain while
working with Microsoft products and technologies. However, no one-to-one
correlation exists between MOC and MSDN Training courses or workshops and
MCP exams"

If you are looking for short cuts, Wongh and Kellyme are waiting for you
over there --------------------->

Rowdy you should know better....

--
Neil

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 04-04-2004 10:20 AM

Re: Cert Rant for MCSE 2K3 Upgrades

>2210 sucks. I know this because I have sat the class/taught the course. I
>don't like the workshop courses. (my $0.02) and no, no clustering.

.... mad. Does the courses explain how to insert a floppy disk and
press any key, you know, real world like that!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Neil 04-04-2004 01:00 PM

>>2210 sucks. I know this because I have sat the class/taught the
>>course. I don't like the workshop courses. (my $0.02) and no, no
>>clustering.

> ... mad. Does the courses explain how to insert a floppy disk and
> press any key, you know, real world like that!
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

no, of course not. that's why the trainer is there...

:)

--
Neil

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 04-04-2004 01:25 PM

Re: Cert Rant for MCSE 2K3 Upgrades

>no, of course not. that's why the trainer is there...

I see!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3