Velocity Reviews

-   -   ADSL connection problems - Sparkcom+ASUS A8N-SLI (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488966-adsl-connection-problems-sparkcom-asus-a8n-sli.html)

=?Utf-8?B?QW5nZWxvbWlrZTcz?= 08-22-2005 03:17 PM

ADSL connection problems - Sparkcom+ASUS A8N-SLI

I have a PC with a n ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard, Athlon 3500, and a Sparkcom
ADSL internal modem. I have just installed XP x64, but cannot get my
internet connection to work, hence I am unable to register the product or
download any further 64 bit drivers for items without drivers!!

The OS has not detected the modem and I am unsure whether I need a modem
driver - one doesn't exist for Sparkcom!!!

Or, to upgrade the motherboard chipset, and use this LAN connection instead
of my ADSL modem connection?

Help!!!

Andre Da Costa 08-22-2005 03:25 PM

Re: ADSL connection problems - Sparkcom+ASUS A8N-SLI

Only the manufacturer can provide drivers for that modem, Microsoft does not
develop drivers, your next best option is to use LAN Connection.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

John Barnes 08-22-2005 03:32 PM

Re: ADSL connection problems - Sparkcom+ASUS A8N-SLI

Most here have gone the LAN route because of lack of drivers for many
modems.

Charlie Russel - MVP 08-22-2005 04:22 PM

Re: ADSL connection problems - Sparkcom+ASUS A8N-SLI

You'll need to use a LAN connection to an external modem. (And this is the
primary reason why I always recommend external, network connecyted, modems
and/or routers for internet connectivity. No drivers are required to make it
work, a critical requirement for those of us who must have the very latest.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64