Velocity Reviews

-   -   Screensaver not working. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488861-screensaver-not-working.html)

Nicole & Tom 08-14-2005 07:19 PM

Screensaver not working.

Hello,

Not sure if this is the cause, but since I installed Nvidia 77.77
drivers for my video card, screensavers aren't coming on.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 08-14-2005 07:36 PM

Re: Screensaver not working.

Go Device Manager, System Properties > Hardware (Tab ) - Select the device >
right click (choose properties) > go to the "Driver" (tab) and click Roll
Back Driver.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Nicole & Tom 08-14-2005 11:44 PM

Re: Screensaver not working.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> Go Device Manager, System Properties > Hardware (Tab ) - Select the device >
> right click (choose properties) > go to the "Driver" (tab) and click Roll
> Back Driver.

Thanks,

Tried changing to an older driver, didn't help.

I am at a loss now.

TG

Matt Schneyer 08-14-2005 11:52 PM

Re: Screensaver not working.

go to properties select screen saver. change time apply. I
need to reset every time I reboot

Tony Sperling 08-15-2005 12:09 AM

Re: Screensaver not working.

Why not try a newer one?
Honestly, nVidias version numbering is confusing, the current one I think is
7756 - should tackel a few problems that some had. '7777' does have a
blemished reputation it seems.

Good luck.

Tony. . .

Andre Da Costa 08-15-2005 01:48 PM

Re: Screensaver not working.

If that doesn't work, give System Restore a try. Start > All Programs >
Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Steve Thompson 08-20-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Screensaver not working.

Nicole & Tom wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Not sure if this is the cause, but since I installed Nvidia 77.77
> drivers for my video card, screensavers aren't coming on.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Tom

Aside from what the others have already posted here, I would just go
into the Display Properties and select the Settings tab. Then select the
advanced button and from there select the Troubleshoot tab. Once your
there, try lowering the Hardware acceleration a notch at a time until
the problem, hopefully, goes away.

Personally, I would try this before screwing around with your drivers.

Good luck,

--
Steve Thompson
Online 64 .NET | http://www.online64.net