Velocity Reviews

-   -   Upgrade HOME to PRO? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488833-upgrade-home-to-pro.html)

Michael Evangelista 08-12-2005 03:44 PM

Upgrade HOME to PRO?

I have been happily running XP Home for a few years now.

However, I am starting to do some ColdFusion work, and it appears I need XP
Pro in order to run a local testing server.
SO - what is the best route to upgrading Home to Pro?

I do not want to reformat, reinstall or reorganize anything! My PC is very
happy just as it is... is there a simple "in place" method to allow me to
upgrade to Pro? AND - is there an upgrade-only version, since I am already
running (and have already paid for) XP Home? If so, what is the best place
to buy it?

Thanks

--
Michael E

Charlie Russel - MVP 08-12-2005 04:52 PM

Re: Upgrade HOME to PRO?

You've stumbled in to the 64-bit newsgroup by mistake -- you probably wanted
to be in xp.general. But the short answer is: buy an "upgrade" copy of
Windows XP and insert the CD into your drive while running Windows XP Home
Edition. It will do an in place upgrade.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.

Michael Evangelista 08-12-2005 05:07 PM

Re: Upgrade HOME to PRO?

> You've stumbled in to the 64-bit newsgroup by mistake --

oh... my bad.
thanks for the reply, though.
i am outta here.