Velocity Reviews

-   -   my photoshop CS2 got bad performance (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488821-my-photoshop-cs2-got-bad-performance.html)

Jesse Wang 08-11-2005 01:20 AM

my photoshop CS2 got bad performance

Hi there,
Does anyone have the same issue that after grabbing 3-5 jpg photos from
directory to photoshop CS 2 as usual, hard drive may keep running, running
till system hang there for a while and popping up with virtual memory
shortage.
I've tried several times and got the same result, finally I've to resize
photos and save it quickly, then editing them under Windows' Paint.
how bad? its bad enough for me to try to get back my 32bit windows.
I'm not sure here is the place to post this, sorry if I'm wrong.
jc,

my hardware,
cpu:amd 64 3000+
mb:MSI neo2 platinum
hd: Silicon image 3112 with 2x WD 120g sata
No antivirus installed.

=?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?= 08-11-2005 04:20 AM

RE: my photoshop CS2 got bad performance

i have photoshop CS (version 8.0) and it works fine. i can open multiple
images (8-10 megs each) through photoshop or through dragging and dropping
from explorer.

if you are getting a virtual memory error you might try adjusting photoshops
memory settings under edit-->preferences-->memory & image cache. also check
your hard disk space and windows memory settings.