Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488661-xp-pro-x64-with-an-hp-netraid-3si.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RXJhc3R1cw==?= 07-31-2005 09:42 PM

XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ on an ASUS K8N-E Deluxe board, and I want to
install XP X64 on my SCSI Raid which is on an HP NetRAID 3si controller, the
32 bit XP Pro picked up this card automatically without having to use the F6
install 3rd party drivers, but X64 will not pick up the card automatically,
I've spent a lot of time trying to find a driver for it, but no luck so far.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Charlie Russel - MVP 07-31-2005 11:49 PM

Re: XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si

Contact HP directly -- they're the ones who will have to provide a driver.
The other possibility is that HP has OEM'd the RAID from someone, and if you
know the underlying chipset/controller you can find a driver for that.

Currently the best general source for drivers, other than the manufacturers
themselves, is www.planetamd64.com

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

=?Utf-8?B?RXJhc3R1cw==?= 08-01-2005 12:02 AM

Re: XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si

Thanks,

HP does not have any drivers avaliable on their website for xp or xp 64.
I'll keep looking, and try and find one for the chipset, but so far I havent
any luck doing that. I may just give up on doing the raid for now and just
putting xp on an IDE or SATA drive in the meantime, I just love the
speed/security of my 10000 RPM SCSI RAID 5.

ArtCox 08-01-2005 04:06 AM

Re: XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si

it doesn't have to be a 64bit driver. just one that works. My Gigabyte
motherboard has SATA Raid and I use the drivers that came with the MB. if I
could ever get a copy of WinX64 to work.

Charlie Russel - MVP 08-01-2005 05:22 AM

Re: XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si

Yes, it _does_ have to be a 64-bit driver. RAID drivers are system level
drivers and they have to be 64-bit. 32-bit drivers will not work for that.

Charlie Russel - MVP 08-01-2005 05:29 AM

Re: XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si

Well, for 32-bit XP you could probably use the Server 2003 drivers, but
that's a pretty old card and I suspect the chances of HP producing a driver
for it are pretty slim.

=?Utf-8?B?RXJhc3R1cw==?= 08-01-2005 03:49 PM

Re: XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si

Well, 32bit XP picks the card up fine all by its self. So it's just a pain in
the neck that they dont natively support it anymore. Oh well, either I'll
have to get a newer SCSI card(which I dont really want to do) or just forget
having SCSI and get some WD Raptor drives or even just another drive for now
for my main drive, I just wanted to get it all done while I had a couple days
off, but now I'll have to wait till I pick up a drive from work, because I
dont have any spare drives kicking around, and I do not want to use any of my
other drives in the system, they've all got important data on them, and no
room between the 4 to make one empty, that's kinda sad considering it's a
total of 910gb of drive space, oh well.

Erastus

ArtCox 08-02-2005 02:21 AM

Re: XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si

Really ?? I have onboard SATA RAID, so I didn't know. thought all RAID
Drivers would work

Charlie Russel - MVP 08-02-2005 03:09 PM

Re: XP Pro x64 with an HP NetRAID 3si

yes, really. Read the newsgroup, see the number of people having problems
with SATA and RAID. Because they don't have the right drivers.