Velocity Reviews

-   -   File Permissions (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488639-file-permissions.html)

=?Utf-8?B?UEJH?= 07-30-2005 08:16 AM

File Permissions

I receintly downloaded and installed the trial version of XP x64 Ed. on my
64bit, dual core PC. Under 2000/XP 32bit as an admin I am used to be able to
right click on any file or folder, goto Properties and I could see a security
tab that would allow me to specify which users have access and diferent
levels of access. Is this feature not available on the x64 Ed. or did I
forget to activate something?

Steve Foster [SBS MVP] 07-30-2005 11:51 AM

Re: File Permissions

PBG wrote:

>I receintly downloaded and installed the trial version of XP x64 Ed. on my
>64bit, dual core PC. Under 2000/XP 32bit as an admin I am used to be able
>right click on any file or folder, goto Properties and I could see a
>security
>tab that would allow me to specify which users have access and diferent
>levels of access. Is this feature not available on the x64 Ed. or did I
>forget to activate something?

x64 partition formatted as NTFS ?

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Steve Thompson 07-30-2005 04:29 PM

Re: File Permissions

=?Utf-8?B?UEJH?= 07-31-2005 02:38 AM

Re: File Permissions

Thanks. Folder options... Doh! Sometimes it's just that simple.

Steve Thompson 07-31-2005 04:07 AM

Re: File Permissions