Velocity Reviews

-   -   New ISP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488531-new-isp.html)

dragonbeat 07-23-2005 06:52 PM

New ISP

yes i do use aol at the moment ,but for the coming installation o
windows x64 i'll be looking for a new isp.the reason im asking is t
find out which one will work with x64 ( drivers etc ).so im hoping t
receive my copy of x64 before august 6 ( the date i can migrate t
another isp )and be to set myself up ready with another isp

--
dragonbea

Asus A8V Deluxe /Amd 3200 (939 ) / 2 gig Crucial Memory 3200 / 40 - 12
gig Hd's /Nec dvdrw-Sony cdrw /Ag neovo 17"monito
dragonbeat's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=90
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 07-23-2005 07:56 PM

Re: New ISP

AOL seems to be the only one having TCP/IP network issues with x64.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"dragonbeat" <dragonbeat.1sn1io@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote in
message news:dragonbeat.1sn1io@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

John Barnes 07-23-2005 08:10 PM

Re: New ISP

Most ISP's don't have programs with drivers. Most allow you to just sign up
and run the New Connection Wizard to enter your information.

You might start here http://www.freedomlist.com/

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 07-23-2005 08:38 PM

Re: New ISP

I think he must refering to like those online services that use to come
bundled with Windows 98 in the Online Services folder.

John Barnes 07-23-2005 09:17 PM

Re: New ISP

Why do you think that? There are thousands of good ISP's around the various
countries that have all kinds of plans.

E.B. Farnum 07-23-2005 10:11 PM

Re: New ISP

Net Zero, Verizon, Bellsouth, AT&T, MSN, People PC just to name a few.
Whether or not they work on X64 is anybody's guess.

I use Bellsouth DSL and it works fine.
Are you planning on a DSL type of service?
If so, plan on using a modem that uses an Ethernet connection...NOT USB.

If you really wanted to, you could also use AOL Explorer which works fine on
the X64 platform.

E.B. Farnum Mayor
Deadwood
Dakota Territory

Git er Done

Post On Mi Amigo

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 07-23-2005 10:16 PM

Re: New ISP

Nostalgia I guess.

John Barnes 07-23-2005 11:15 PM

Re: New ISP

Most of those are gone; reorganised, bought out or planted. :-)

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 07-23-2005 11:25 PM

Re: New ISP

Earthlink is still around, btw, I just remembered them, Earthlink, AOL,
Compuserv, AT&T and MSN

J. Bush 07-24-2005 01:59 AM

Re: New ISP

Well, here in Florida, I see local advertisements every day of the week for
People PC, Netzero, Verizon and many others.

They must be doing business in other places as well.

J.Bush Governor
Hallatassee, Florida

Its Good To Have a Brother In High Places!