Velocity Reviews

-   -   INCD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488234-incd.html)

John Barnes 07-04-2005 12:30 PM

INCD

Has anyone here gotten INCD from the Nero package to work. I have seen
posts that it doesn't. I know DirectCD (Drag-to-disk) doesn't in the Roxio
package. If it works and I haven't heard that there is a problem with
anything else, the package is on sale now for <$19 after the $20 upgrade
(from Roxio) rebate.

Rick 07-04-2005 12:40 PM

Re: INCD

John Barnes wrote:
> Has anyone here gotten INCD from the Nero package to work. I have seen
> posts that it doesn't. I know DirectCD (Drag-to-disk) doesn't in the Roxio
> package. If it works and I haven't heard that there is a problem with
> anything else, the package is on sale now for <$19 after the $20 upgrade
> (from Roxio) rebate.

Ahead Software has not released a 64-bit version of InCD for Windows x64
in the home version yet. It was posted here a while back that the
corporate version of Nero has a 64-bit version of InCD.

John Barnes 07-04-2005 01:30 PM

Re: INCD

Sorry, but I have seen no references to a Corporate Nero. Their site
doesn't reference one and the only links on this site I have found are to
the Nero Ultra 6.6 version. No indication of home version or Corporate?
One posting said INCD didn't work on x64 all other references to Nero say
that it works, with no mention of INCD, which they may or may not use.

Rick 07-04-2005 01:36 PM

Re: INCD

You're right. It's not a corporate version, it's a Professional
version. And there was a post stating the InCD in this one did work on x64.

http://nero.com/enu/Professional_Products.html

http://nero.com/enu/Nero_Max_7_Max_32_Recorders.html

John Barnes 07-04-2005 01:52 PM

Re: INCD

I have downloaded the only version available on their website, the Ultra
6.6, but have hesitated to install, since the last time I tried the product,
admittedly years ago, there were like 12 pages of instructions on how to get
rid of it with a failed install. Restore should now take care of all the
registry entries, but there were also a lot of system files that had to be
removed manually in order to get other (Roxio for example) to work. Guess I
will Ghost my system and give it a try when I get a change. Thanks.

-Dan- 07-04-2005 03:36 PM

Re: INCD

Version 6.6.0.13 is running fine on my x64. The Nero package came bundled
with my CD/DVD burners. I have since updated. It appears that 6.6.0.14 is
on the update page now.

--
--Dan--

John Barnes 07-05-2005 11:13 AM

Re: INCD

That includes having INCD working to write to DVD CD's? That is my main
interest and another reported it didn't work. Thanks.

John Barnes 07-07-2005 01:08 PM

Re: INCD

Installed the downloads from Nero site. INCD was not installed as far as I
could tell. Since that was the only item I had an interest in as I
personally prefer Roxio, I will try installing without Drag-to-disk as
previously posted by another user. The uninstall of Nero left a lot of
entries in the registry and I hope that there are not any files which will
conflict with Roxio as happened last time. At least I have a Ghost version
to restore.