Velocity Reviews

-   -   Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488129-driver-for-lexmark-x74-in-windows-64bit-edition.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RGlydmVycyBMZXhtYXJrIHg3NQ==?= 06-27-2005 06:23 PM

Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition

Please, I haven't been to install the Lexmark x75 in my windows x64

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-27-2005 07:17 PM

Re: Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition

In general, chose a printer driver that most closely matches your model. For
black and white laserjet printers, this will be a printer that supports
PCL5,
and/or Postscript. For colour, you'll need a PCL6 driver. Choose the closest
matching Lexmark printer and you'll at least be able to print. Probably not
scanning, however. I always recommend adding or buying Postscript
capability
for any printer, since it makes your printer able to work from a wide
variety
of operating systems.

--
Charlie.

--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Dirvers Lexmark x75" <Dirvers Lexmark x75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:78E9A4CC-EA7B-4339-92E1-D34D5016F55B@microsoft.com...

=?Utf-8?B?RGlydmVycyBMZXhtYXJrIHg3NQ==?= 06-28-2005 03:22 PM

Re: Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition

Thanks, but this printer is a Multifunctional and the scanner doesn't work.

Kind regards

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-28-2005 05:29 PM

Re: Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition

You won't get all of the functionality, only basic printing, you definitely
need to get in contact with Lexmark about this.
--

message news:2FD51526-19AB-4911-87D4-347CC2E8326D@microsoft.com...

John Barnes 06-28-2005 05:43 PM

Re: Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition

Seems that there is virtually no driver support for scanners. None built in
to x64 as far as I can tell.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-28-2005 08:36 PM

Re: Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition

So its best to say then that XP Pro x64 makes your products half useless.
;-)

John Barnes 06-28-2005 09:54 PM

Re: Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition

Never owned one, but is either 1/3 or 2/3 useless depending on whether the
copy function is independent of the scan function. Copy, Scan, Print are
the advertised functions. Printing is all I have seen anyone being able to
do so far.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-28-2005 10:27 PM

Re: Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition

Correct.