Velocity Reviews

-   -   Technology Advancement Program - Issues (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488117-technology-advancement-program-issues.html)

=?Utf-8?B?TWFj?= 06-27-2005 02:38 AM

Technology Advancement Program - Issues

I have been trying since the program has been running and even as of 15
minutes ago, I am still being given the following error:

COA/PID entered is invalid. Please email Customer Service at
ms64bitupgrade@productorder.com

*****

As prompted back in May, I e-mailed ms64bitupgrade@productorder.com with the
error and
my PID.

The following day, I received this response:

"COA and Product ID neither is valid.

Verify the software you want to exchange is included in the Technology
Advancement Software. If the software you have to exchange is included then
verify the software was acquired between March 31, 2003 and June 30, 2005."

*****

As with every other attempt, I have gone ahead and sent another e-mail, but
while I wait my questions still are:

1. What does the date of the software have to do with it?
2. How would the PID determine the purchase date anyway?

For Question #1, I purchased and assembled the parts in my AMD Athlon 64
3000+ system to replace my failed Dual Intel Pentium III system in December
of 2003.

Based on the website I meet all of the hardware requirments for this program.

For Question #2, I acquired a legal copy of Non-OEM Windows XP Professional
and Windows Server 2003. Sadly, I did not recall the dates for these as they
weren't purchased online for my e-paper trail and have since lost the paper
copies.

Now who is to say that even if the software was produced in 2002 (leaving
Microsoft's production facility) but was not sold to me until after March of
2003.

However, there is no mention for a date of purchase with the software -
merely that you hold a legal copy.

Based on the website I meet the software requirment for this program.

*****

I have copy and pasted the current text on the Technology
Advancement Website below for easy review.

..
..
..

Microsoft® Windows® XP Profession x64 Edition Technology Advancement Program

The Technology Advancement Program is designed to assist customers who have
acquired a new x64 computer with a previously licensed 32-bit version of
Windows XP Professional (1-2 processor version), Windows XP Professional (1-4
processor version) and Windows XP Professional Reduced Media Edition (1-2
processor version). This program allows customers to exchange their license
for Windows XP Professional (32-bit)for a license of the new version of
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Technology Advancement Program Eligibility
In order to be eligible to receive Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, your
computer must have been ordered or built between March 31, 2003 and July 31,
2005 and must contian an x64 processor. You must also have a Retail (Full
Packaged Product), System Builder, or OEM version of Microsoft Windows® XP
Pro (32-bit) to exchange.

In addition, you must read and agree to the following:
By participating in this program, your 32-bit version of Windows XP
Professional will no longer be licensed.
The installation of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition requires you to
format your hard drive. You must back up your files and settings prior to the
installation or they will be erased. Microsoft is not liable for any loss of
data as a result of this installation.
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition requires 64-bit hardware drivers (32-bit
drivers are not supported). Drivers for 64-bit Windows are created at the
discretion of hardware manufacturers and may not be available for some of
your hardware components.
For the purposes of the End User License Agreement for your existing Windows
XP Professional (32-bit) software, your installation of this software will be
an “Upgrade.”
Customers who are currently supported by a system builder or OEM and choose
to upgrade to Windows XP Professional x64 Edition via any means other than
their PC manufacturer may void support with their PC manufacturer. We
recommend that you check with your PC manufacturer's Web site to find out if
they offer or support this exchange.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-27-2005 03:18 PM

Re: Technology Advancement Program - Issues

Have you tried the product key?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

=?Utf-8?B?TWFj?= 06-28-2005 12:04 AM

Re: Technology Advancement Program - Issues

Andre,

I'm not sure if I follow you. I don't see a field to enter the Product Key,
only the COA or the Product ID. Since my copy is non-OEM, I don't have a COA
to try instead.

Could you please explain what you were getting at in more detail?

Thanks

Mac

=?Utf-8?B?SW50ZWxfRmFu?= 06-28-2005 03:14 AM

RE: Technology Advancement Program - Issues

Maybe there was a misunderstanding here. An easy way to check your Product ID
(PID) is to right click on My Computer and look mid way on the System
Properties - General tab for an odd series of numbers that may or may not be
identified as PID. The series should be
5-3-7-5
where the numbers above indicate the number of digits in each group.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFj?= 06-28-2005 04:16 AM

RE: Technology Advancement Program - Issues

So yes, I have been entering the number you speak of from the begining:
xxxxx-nnn-yyyyyyy-zzzzz

So as I said in the meantime I have sent 9 emails and only had 2 responces -
both repeating coldly what the website said - hardly friendly let alone
helpful e-mails from Microsoft.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-28-2005 08:41 PM

Re: Technology Advancement Program - Issues

oops, sorry.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-28-2005 08:42 PM

Re: Technology Advancement Program - Issues

Maybe some used it and you didn't realize or you are not seeing properly and
you are typing in the wrong digits.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFj?= 06-29-2005 12:17 AM

Re: Technology Advancement Program - Issues

Well, I have never shared my key with anyone. So if it was used before, it
was stolen by someone using a keygen.

I've double checked my digits and they are accurate.

I would be more than willing to send in my original media, etc to prove it
is legit.

I just wish I was able to carry this conversation with someone from
Microsoft. So far they seem to ignore or send canned responces that show
they have not really red my e-mails, questions and concerns.

John Barnes 06-29-2005 01:04 AM

Re: Technology Advancement Program - Issues

Have you tried to validate your copy with the Microsoft validation
assistant?
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...s/default.mspx

=?Utf-8?B?TWFj?= 06-29-2005 03:29 AM

Re: Technology Advancement Program - Issues

John,

No I hadn't. I assumed that it was legit since the hologram on the CD and
case look like others. But I guess it won't hurt to try that when I get home
from work in the morning.

Thanks

Mac