Velocity Reviews

-   -   64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488115-64-bit-iso-recorder-beta-works-like-a-charm.html)

Kevin Panzke 06-27-2005 01:51 AM

64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm!

Hello, just wanted to let everyone know that the 64 Bit Beta Version of ISO
Recorder works like a charm! I downloaded my free Beta Tester Copy of
Windows XP 64 Bit Edition from the Beta Tester Website, and used ISO
Recorder to Burn it to CD! Requested my Product Key from the Beta Tester
Website, and now I am good to go! P.S. Neowin.net has already leaked the
details of the Free Download now being available to Beta Tester's,
Otherwise, I would not be posting this information on a Public Newsgroup,
just FYI.

Charlie Russel - MVP 06-27-2005 05:54 AM

Re: 64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm!

Yes, I've been using ISO Recorder for several months now. And we even had a
thread on it a few weeks ago. It's a good piece of software and it works
well. As does the 32-bit version in regular Windows, I might add.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

mikey 06-27-2005 01:07 PM

Re: 64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm!

glad it workes for you.
have been trying for months to successfully burn a cd on XP-64.
tried with 1812 and 1830.

nothing seems to work. have tried nero and iso recorder.
reduced burn speed downs to 4x.
have tried cd r/w and cd -r.

every one comes up either not bootable, or with file read errors.

same computer multi boot to XP Pro 32 SP2 and the burns work fine.

I use a
Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633s
and memorex blanks

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

=?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?= 06-27-2005 01:52 PM

RE: 64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm!

Kevin,

I'm sorry to disappoint you but x64 is no longer in beta so you if you just
downloaded the OS you are not a beta tester . What you probably did download
was the trial version of x64 which will work for 120 days and is freely
available from Microsofts website.

Rick 06-27-2005 02:21 PM

Re: 64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm!

Re_boot,

Read Kevin's post very carefully. He states downloaded the "free Beta
Tester Copy." Microsoft has decided to give those that were registered
Beta testers, and actively participated in reporting problems in the
Beta, a FREE, fully function, RTM, copy of Windows XP Professional x64.

That is what Kevin is talking about.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-27-2005 02:46 PM

Re: 64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm!

All Kevin had to say was "complimentary" copy of XP Pro x64.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Kevin Panzke 06-27-2005 02:56 PM

Re: 64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm!

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. I Actively Beta Tested
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (32 Bit) during the Beta, so I was
rewarded with a Free Full Copy Download of Windows XP X64 Edition (RTM) as a
Thank You Gift from Microsoft.

Christian Hougardy 06-27-2005 03:27 PM

Re: 64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm!

Kevin Panzke <kevin_panzke@noreply.com> wrote:
> Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. I Actively Beta Tested
> Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (32 Bit) during the Beta, so I was
> rewarded with a Free Full Copy Download of Windows XP X64 Edition
> (RTM) as a Thank You Gift from Microsoft.

I'll download mine next week, when I'll be in Belgium, using a real pipe :)

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-27-2005 03:44 PM

Re: 64 Bit ISO Recorder Beta works like a charm!

I thought that had something to do with a Bong for a sec! LOL!