Velocity Reviews

-   -   last day to upgrade? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488114-last-day-to-upgrade.html)

Neal 06-27-2005 01:40 AM

last day to upgrade?

I know July is the last month to upgrade for $0 but I am wondering what is
the date? Right now I am still waiting for Epson drivers for my printer so
I would like to wait till then but I am not sure how much time I have left.

Thanks

Wayne Wastier 06-27-2005 01:45 AM

Re: last day to upgrade?

Note: Orders for the Technology Advancement Program must be placed by July
31, 2005.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...e/default.mspx

Mark Gillespie 06-27-2005 07:04 AM

Re: last day to upgrade?

Neal got up from the bar and shouted: :
> I know July is the last month to upgrade for $0 but I am wondering what is
> the date? Right now I am still waiting for Epson drivers for my printer so
> I would like to wait till then but I am not sure how much time I have left.
>
> Thanks

But note that it's been stated, that your 32bit licence only expires
when your INSTALL the 64bit version, not when you receive it...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-27-2005 02:39 PM

Re: last day to upgrade?

Yes, it deactivates the 32 bit license preventing future activations
basically turning the disk into a coaster.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Rick 06-27-2005 02:49 PM

Re: last day to upgrade?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> Yes, it deactivates the 32 bit license preventing future activations
> basically turning the disk into a coaster.

Not exactly. I have 3 licenses and 1 disc. I traded 1 license, so I
still have 2 valid licenses and the 1 disc is still valid for those 2
licenses.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-27-2005 03:20 PM

Re: last day to upgrade?

Depends on what type of license you purchase, in your case it must have been
a OEM 3 Pack.

Jupiter Jones [MVP] 06-27-2005 05:07 PM

Re: last day to upgrade?

Andre;
Are you sure?
They could also be retail:
http://shop.microsoft.com/special/wal/walinfo.asp

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Wayne Wastier 06-27-2005 06:20 PM

Re: last day to upgrade?

> Andre;
> Are you sure?
> They could also be retail:
> http://shop.microsoft.com/special/wal/walinfo.asp
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Hi Jupiter. And yes, they could. But .... at $269.00 a license, it would be
cheaper to have purchased an OEM 3-Pack. :)

Wayne

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-28-2005 03:01 PM

Re: last day to upgrade?

Jupiter is a millionnaire.

Jupiter Jones [MVP] 06-28-2005 03:51 PM

Re: last day to upgrade?

Not me, but some do buy additional licenses this way.
Some of them do not know of other options and others prefer retail to OEM.