Velocity Reviews

-   -   wallpaper (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488051-wallpaper.html)

Jack Marks 06-21-2005 02:18 AM

wallpaper

This is probably the wrong newsgroup, so if you know a better one, please
let me know. My question is how do I take any screen and turn it into
wallpaper for the desktop? I want to use Excel to make my screen, and then
turn it into wallpaper.

=?Utf-8?B?Y21jYXJ0aHk=?= 06-21-2005 03:20 AM

RE: wallpaper

> This is probably the wrong newsgroup, so if you know a better one, please
> let me know.

Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support in the future for
non-Windows x64 questions.

> My question is how do I take any screen and turn it into
> wallpaper for the desktop? I want to use Excel to make my screen, and then
> turn it into wallpaper.

My guess is that you need a screen print program to capture any selection
that is currently on the screen (or the entire active window). You can
download ScreenPrint 32 v3.5 at http://www.provtech.co.uk/main/default.asp

It's free for home / non-profit use...

David R. Norton MVP 06-21-2005 04:48 AM

Re: wallpaper

"Jack Marks" <QuasiJack@Comcast.Net> wrote in:

> This is probably the wrong newsgroup, so if you know a better one,
> please let me know. My question is how do I take any screen and turn
> it into wallpaper for the desktop? I want to use Excel to make my
> screen, and then turn it into wallpaper.

Press "print screen" which copies the screen to the Windows Clipboard. Next,
open MS Paint* and select "paste" from the edit menu, your screen will now
appear on MS Paint. You can save it as a .bmp file with whatever name you
want in the .../Windows directory or the .../Windows/Web/Wallpaper directory.

Now right click on the desktop, chose properties and the image you saved will
be available as wall paper.

*you can use any imaging program you may have, I chose Paint as it's probably
on your computer. If you use something other than Paint you may be able to
save your image as a .jpg file.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

Randy 06-21-2005 05:15 AM

Re: wallpaper

Right click on desired object on screen to select it
and pop-up a context-specific menu.

Click "Copy" from menu. (or Ctrl-C to copy after selecting)
(or Alt-Prt Sc to copy entire active window contents)

Start, Programs, Accessories, Open Paint.

Ctrl-V to paste, chose "Yes" if asked to re-size.

Click "File" on File Menu, click "Set As Background".

Click "File" again and "Save As" to save for later use
as a file in My Documents.

Alt-F4 to close Paint.

Davin Eastley 06-21-2005 07:21 AM

Re: wallpaper

Actually, to capture a certain frame on screen it is "alt-printscreen" to
get it. Just pressing printscreen doesn't do anything.

Regards,
Davin Eastley

-----------
www.davineastley.tk
Forums Home

news:Xns967BDDC7D10E3drnortonyahoocom@207.46.248.1 6...

Jack Marks 06-21-2005 07:31 AM

Re: wallpaper

The Paint worked. Thank you!

Steve Foster [SBS MVP] 06-21-2005 10:41 AM

Re: wallpaper

Davin Eastley wrote:

> Actually, to capture a certain frame on screen it is "alt-printscreen"

to get it. Just pressing printscreen doesn't do anything.

PrtScr captures the whole screen to the clipboard.
Alt-PrtScr captures just the current window.

Any other keymodifier-PrtScr also does the whole screen.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-21-2005 03:04 PM

Re: wallpaper

Excel fanatic, huh? :-) Oooh, Excel is so dreamy!
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com